“TRULY one of the best experiences of my life.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Pacifica Surf Studios
Ranked #20 of 33 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“TRULY one of the best experiences of my life.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2011

Simon was a truly great host. His dog Coco is one of the friendliest dobermans i have ever met. Coco is both friendly to and protective of all the hotel guests. The hotel is truly a lush paradise, the pictures on the website simply dont do the hotel justice. The staff are all friendly, there are enough staff that speak both spanish and english that even if you dont speak spanish there is someone there that will understand you. Chinos is located right in the hotel grounds its a nice little snack/food type little tienda. Chino himself is very friendly and more like a concierge than anything. Getting directions to places to eat, stores, anywhere you were trying to go was easily obtained from any staff member and simon gives personal surf lessons in addition to instructing yoga, and water pilates. And he rents surfboards. This wasn't my first trip to costa rica but definitly the best i've had. and pacifica surf studios made it great. After a long day in the heat having air conditioning is a must. The beds are huge and it just made the experience. I truly believe that anyone going to santa theresa needs to stay here rates are reasonable and theres no other place like it there!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CrashMcCash

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Verona, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2011

Me and my girl stayed at Pacifica Surf Studios for 3 weeks last February (2011).

The studios are the perfect location to be for who's looking to surf at the beautiful Santa Teresa beach: just 30 meters from the sea, immersed in a beautiful tropical garden where you can spot birds, iguanas and monkeys, and out from the dust of the main unpaved road, this "tropical oasis" was for us an amazing place that will be hard to forget!

Boards and bikes can be rented directly at the studios, which have a surf school too. The staff (Simone and Peppe) has been really helpful and friendly, Simone (the owner) is a very good surfer living in Costa Rica since 10 years now.

We booked just one week out of three at first, as we usually prefer to try the places and not being bound to the first for the full vacation. After visiting other accommodations in Santa Teresa, we just spent our other two weeks there.

Pacifica is the place we'll go again if we'll be back to Santa Teresa. Really advised!

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

Pacifica Surf Studios is the perfect landing pad for your stay in the Southern Nicoya Penninsula of Costa Rica. The hotelier, Simone, is an avid surfer, outdoorsman, yoga and pilates instructor and he lives the Pura Vida. He reside on the property and oversees a small, friendly, helpful staff . The accomodations were perfect. Comfortable king size bed and a futon for extra seating and sleeping, clean, tiled shower, refrigerator, hot plate, broiler oven and a few kitchen utensils for preparing meals if you wish. This is not the Ritz, but it is a great property in an area where many are more basic for the young, hardy surfer types. There is a nice snack bar on premise, but you are just feet away from all the Restaurants and services in Santa Teresa. The pool is a refreshing addition. The property and guests are protected and loved by the sweetest Doberman, Coco, who is gentle and kind with all the guests, even accompanying me to dinner at times, but protective and guarded for anyone who may not belong.
The owner can arrange for any services, including transfers to and from from San Jose Airport. The guests were friendly and a blend of Europeans and Americans. The beach, a few 100 feet from the property along a dedicated, well traveled path, is clean and beautiful. This is an affordable, modestly appointed, friendly, safe place to call home for a night, a week or a month. This is my fifth trip to Costa Rica, the second with my surfer son, and, by far, the most enjoyable. Pura Vida!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

I traveled with my two young adult sons through Costa Rica . When we came upon Pacifica we felt as if we found a jewel. It was reasonably priced, beautifully located on the oceanside along the path to the beach. They have boards and instructors there to navigate you through everything. They took my boys for their first lesson down to another beach where the conditions were better for learning and Simone the owner drove them down there himself. At night there I was usually left alone while my boys went out to check out the night life. I had no fear though due to the fact they have an amazing guard dog on the premises who really bonds with the guests. By day Coco was my running partner on the beach and hung out with me on the porch, and at night she did her job. Amazingly she knew the boys the minute they walked up and barked once until they said her name and then she wagged her tail and followed behind them. I think I was saddest to have to leave her behind, and I am sure I was quickly replaced. Enjoy the Pacifica Surf Studio whether you are a surfer or not, they are attentive to your needs even booked other things for us making sure our stay in Santa Teresa was a good one. Thanks Simone...Kelly, Luke, and Edward

• Stayed March 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Essex County, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

We just returned from a 3-night stay at Pacifica. This budget-oriented property is nestled in the jungle, just yards away from a beautiful beach with world-class waves.

Our room was fairly basic, though quite large. We had a king-size bed and futon along with a kitchenette. The bathroom was ok and quite small. I would have preferred more bathroom and less living space! The room was cleaned daily. I will say the mattress wasn't great, but it was serviceable. The A/C and wifi we also great. The best part of our room was the large balcony. It was wonderful sitting outside, listening to the waves and the sounds of the jungle.

The owner, Simone, was a great host. He's a super-nice guy who always had a smile and was willing to help with anything. We took surf lessons twice and our instructors were great - very professional and genuinely interested in seeing us improve.

Santa Teresa is a tiny town, with one dusty dirt road serving as the main street. There is not much going on in town, but there are several fantastic restaurants serving health-oriented food (the town is a mix of locals, surfers, hippies, and world travelers). Try Rancho Burger , Zwart Cafe, and Pizza Tomate - some of the best food vie had in Costa Rica.

All-in-all, if you are looking for an inexpensive hotel/studio close to good surf in an interesting town, Pacifica is a great place to land.

• Stayed February 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2011

What a great two weeks my husband and I had...we wish we could have stayed longer!

First, the surf. A two minute walk to the beach with a world class break. My husband and I were newbies, but not first timers. We took classes with Simone and Pepe for 10 days. Instruction was great, and we advanced at a good pace. The waves were a bit big for me on the last day (overhead) but I always felt very safe in the water! Also, it was a nightly ritual to watch the amazing sunset.

Next, the room. The rooms were spacious, and I felt they were a good value. The patio with hammock were well used during our stay. The kitchenette had the basic necessities available, and when we needed something that we didn't have, Simone produced it happily and quickly. Unfortunately, the one downside was that the bed was not comfortable, too firm for my taste. This is not a luxury hotel, but we had everything that we needed.

Service and amenities. Service was great, whatever we needed, Simone or Pepe took care of it. Pepe arranged a last minute car rental quickly. The pool was my husbands favorite thing...diving in after surfing was fantastic! Grocery store and restaurants within walking distance. Oh, and Coco, the guard dog...I love her! She gave me my dog fix while I was away from mine.

Finally, It was very nice to make friends with the other patrons of the hotel. We enjoyed meeting people from all over world!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

Wow, left Pacifica left feeling re-energised, re-balanced and re-vitalised.
Simone and Peppe absolutely brilliant (and patient!) surf instructors and so helpful with setting up/organising other things.
Accomodation itself is fabulous, excellent quality-price ratio and well located...so wonderful to wake up to the sound of the sea everyday. Yoga yukka great for self-practice as well as classes, pool always kept keen and great to jump in if the walk to beach seems too taxing...the lush vegetation all around ensures plentiful sightings of various animals etc. What a heavenly place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo