“Hotel Buenisimo MADE my trip to Costa Rica hands down” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Buenisimo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
Hotel Buenisimo
You added Hotel Buenisimo to your Saves list
Ranked #24 of 32 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Hotel Buenisimo MADE my trip to Costa Rica hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2010

Like many other people on my first trip to any new place my goal is to see as much of the country as possible and really get a feel for the culture as a whole. While I still maintain that attitude the only thing I wish I could have changed about my entire trip was that I should have gone here first! I went during the "green" aka rainy season but Ryan made us feel so welcome and was so accommodating we could not have had a better time.

We opted to the Casita with breakfast, both of which were amazing. The view from the top floor of the Casita is a breath taking panorama of the Nicoya coastline and the Casita surrounded by rain forest, howler monkeys, and ever so relaxing hammocks.

This region, the Nicoya peninsula, is the area where when your showing your trip pictures people will ask, "Where is that!?" Ryan was able to guide us privately to watefalls, rivers, and best of all, the most obscure bar in the middle of the forest I would ever hope to see. The rooms are clean, and the location is amazing. Best of all you have people that know the area and whether you prefer to surf to ride ATV's they will have you covered. I recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone and I will back next September as well!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

Returned for a stay at Hotel Buenisimo Dec 5-15. Wow. I love this place. I got the red casita. The ocean view is awesome. I was surrounded by jungle on three sides. My hammocks were hanging within 20 feet of trees that were frequented by howler monkeys, toucans, freaky-colored squirrels and a host of other cool creatures. The casita was immaculately clean and Claudia also 're-cleaned' the place for me twice during my stay. The weather in December is so great!! Beaches were still not crowded and the tide pools are still a daily attraction. The complimentary breakfast was so filling that I never even bothered with lunch. There are some great little 'sodas' and restaurants within a 5 min walk for evening meals. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

My boyfriend and i stayed here for 8 days and loved it! We drove from Jan Jose to Santa Theresa, the owners of the hotel had given us directions on how to get there and were very helpful since we had never been to costa rica and didnt really know what to expect. We were also unsure of the weather since they had just had the hurricane but Denise was very helpful and answered all my questions! The hotel is really high up in the jungle so you do need a 4x4 to get to the casitas or to get to the beach but once you get there, you really feel like it's your home away from home. It was really nice and had everything we needed (including hot water!) Ryan was really helpful with helping us decide what to do and where to go during our vacation. We also went on an excursion with him to Montezuma to the waterfalls and he knew all the good stops to see monkeys, famous stops, which beach we should go to and restaurants to try!
We cant say enough awesome things about our breakfast! it was delicious and filled us up till the afternoon!
We loved our vacation and would definetly go back. We can recommend this hotel in a heart beat. Although you're not directly on the beach, there are so many beaches to go to and most of them you'd need a 4x4 to get to them.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

My boyfriend and I traveled to Santa Teresa with some friends of ours and stayed at Hotel Buenisimo for 9 nights. We stayed in the two story casita, and everything about it was perfection. It was such a treat to go home there each evening. I don't even know where to begin on listing all the amazing things about this place. Even though the casita itself was such a treat, the hospitality that one of the owners Ryan showed us definitely made our trip. He gave us great recommendations about places to eat, surf, explore, and play! One of my favorite days was when he took my friends and I out for a beach day. He took us out to a gorgeous beach and gave us all surf lessons, we set up hammocks in the palms, and had a bbq right there on the beach. He even brought his awesome sidekick Kabuya (cutest dog ever!) with us to hangout with.

The entire hotel staff made us feel right at home, and the complimentary breakfast each morning was delicious and a great way to get your day started. The casita was clean, spacious, and very comfortable. The patio and hammocks was one of our favorite spots to unwind at. From the second story you wake up to ocean views, right from your bed....I am serious this places is HEAVEN!!!! One morning we woke up to a family of howler monkeys hanging out in the trees right next to our patio. Don't waste your time looking at other hotels, you are guaranteed to have the perfect vacation if you stay here!!! I can not wait to go back and visit! Hotel buenisimo, Ryan and Kabuya we miss you, and thank you so much for everything :)

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Whitefish, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

Our stay was just what we had hoped for after reading all the great reviews. The owners and staff are there to answer any needs and questions. The breakfast alone is worth going there for, not to mention the cute, private casita overlooking the beautiful coast. We had a rental car, so staying up on the hill overlooking the coast was perfect, away from the local street traffic. We highly recommend Hotel Beunisimo! Thanks Ryan, best wishes Jane and Steve.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Carmichael, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

First of all it was a great decision to pick Santa Teresa, Costa Rica as our vacation spot – but it was an even better decision to stay at Hotel Buenisimo. The property is absolutely beautiful, and the casita’s are made out of beautiful teak wood, landscaped beautifully; we had monkey’s right outside our casita one day, amazing views, and loved hanging in the hammocks on the porch. We had travel books about Costa Rica – but we did not even need them because Ryan was kind enough to tell us about areas around Santa Teresa that were not even included in the book. It felt like we were visiting a good friend who was our personal tour guide. I cannot even say enough nice things about how Ryan made every part of our stay as good as it could have possibly been. By the end of our trip we felt like locals around the town. Some of the adventures that Ryan led us to were: a day at the beach where he taught all four of us to surf, drove quads to the Montezuma waterfalls, went on the Mal Pais zipline, drove up and down the coast, swam in an endless pool overlooking the ocean, ate at great restaurants (loved Roca Mar restaurant right on the beach), …I am already planning another trip back to Costa Rica, and only want to stay at Hotel Buenismo again. I miss the town, hanging out with Ryan & the other people that we met on our adventure, and even more, I miss Cabuya (Ryan’s dog). Thank you very much for everything during our stay & we all cannot wait to return! I feel like I found a wonderful place to stay, and have a good friend to visit (Ryan).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

We stumbled upon this amazing hotel, after finding hostel after hostel that were very basic and rough. Four friends rented the two floor casita and we slept extremely well, only woken up by birds and monkeys...which was great. We lounged on the hammocks for hours and read, while looking out at the ocean views. Quiet and clean....the owner, Charlie is very friendly and goes out of his way for the guests. We couldn't ask for anything more. Amazing trip...amazing accomodations...and super staff!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends