WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Honeymoon at Buenisimo” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Buenisimo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
Hotel Buenisimo
Ranked #24 of 32 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Bellingham, Washington
“Honeymoon at Buenisimo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

The tropical trees danced and sun glittered off the ocean as my bride and I followed Charlie down the path to the little red casita. We had arrived… and we were all smiles. Up on the hill the view from the casita is breathtaking and natural. The casita itself contains a comfortable bed, a kitchenette, and AC, which cooled the abode quickly, and two showers, one indoor and one outdoor. In addition, the deck contained two hammocks which proved perfect for reading in, contemplating relocating to Santa Teresa in, sleeping in, drinking coffee in, living the Pura Vida in, dozing in, drinking more coffee in, watching monkeys and sunsets in, and, finally, contemplating relocating to Hotel Buenisimo in…seriously contemplating. An exceptionally well maintained trail through the jungle, often overseen by the monkeys, provides enjoyable and easy access to the dining casita and toward the beach.

Service with a smile. The owner, Charlie, is full of enthusiasm for life and made sure we were well taken care of. He is a highly skilled master of the taco and cholo and after breakfast games of billiards are the norm, but remember, the pool table is dynamic and contains a lean towards home court advantage. Breakfasts by Claudia were wonderful and included fantastic watermelon smoothies. The casita was provided with fresh linens/towels daily.

Beyond the casita. The surfing contains great waves for beginners and experienced surfers alike. We visited during the slowest month for Costa Rican tourism which proved a great idea. There are many places to stay in Santa Teresa/ Mal Pais, fewer with the view one gets here, even fewer with the great service, and likely none that match the charm of Hotel Buenismo.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Josh H

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I’ve been to Hotel Buenisimo twice now this year. Once in January during the dry season and then again in July to experience the rain! I’ve done a bit of traveling and I have to say that this is one of the most unique experiences I’ve ever had. Charlie & Denise were very gracious hosts and extremely helpful with planning site seeing.

My boyfriend and I stayed in the garden room one night and in the red casita for the next 11 or so days. The garden room is great. It’s at the bottom of the hill and has AC. The red casita was the perfect little hide away in the middle of the jungle. My favorite part of our stay was simply relaxing on the balcony in a hammock with some Sudoku and a cold Imperial. The views from the top of the hill are spectacular. Every evening the sunset was stunning.
What I really enjoyed about Hotel Buenisimo was how private the casitas were, yet you could also socialize with neighbors during breakfast. That reminds me… BREAKFAST! Claudia makes the most delicious gallo pinto and banana pancakes ever! I’m not really a breakfast person but looked forward to it each day. It was just the right amount of fuel to get me through our days of site seeing and surfing. We were able to rent surf boards and I even managed to catch a few small waves for the first time. The beach is right across the street which is really convenient. There are many hotels that are actually on the beach, however you’ll be compromising the amazing ocean views from the casitas.

One night we got together with other guests and played cards and had a little party in the main dining area. It was so much fun. There’s free WiFi down there as well as pool tables, books, maps, surfboard rentals, etc.

Hotel Buenisimo is a very simple hotel with lots of special Costa Rican touches. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and I felt extremely safe.

If you’re looking to stay somewhere in Santa Teresa don’t bother to look elsewhere. I guarantee you’ll have an amazing trip and never want to leave.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

First, I must note I stayed here in August/Sept of 2010, however I felt compelled to write this review that I never got around to. I planned this trip with a significant other in 2 weeks. I went on my gut feeling of reading the reviews of the area and this hotel. Hotel isn't even the right word, its a relaxing mecca. :) The breakfasts each morning were a huge highlight, the view, the sunsets from the porch. Reading and napping in the hammocks. We were actually there in rainy season and enjoyed the rain as much as the sun. Rain on a tin roof is beyond relaxing. The howler monekys hung out in our trees above the casita, daily and provided lots of entertainment watchign them. Between Ryan guiding us to fun and true relaxation, this vacation (because of Hotel Buenisimo) is still my top. Thaiand couldn't come close. Costa Rica is a unique place and by staying here, I feel like I experience 'pura vida'. I would and have reccomended this place to friends & family and I cannot wait to go back!

Also, the trek from the San Jose airport is quite adventuous and the fairy ride gorgeous, I definitely reccomend going that route if you would like to see other parts of the country. Ryan was also kind enough to suggest a room at a great spot near the airport for our last night in Costa Rica before flying home. Can't say enough positive things about this destination! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Westminster, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Hotel Buenisimo for 5 days and four nights and had an absolutely fabulous time! Denise responded quickly to my email on the availability of the Casita, the price, and even ensured I knew how to get to the property from the airport. Upon arrival, we were greeted by our fabulous host, Ryan! He immediately saw we didn't have a car and offered to take us and our luggage up the hill. Once at the Casita, he walked us through all the room amenities which included comfy beds, a spacious bathroom/shower with hot water, A/C, ceiling fan, and mini-kitchen with refrigerator. He also let us know about the free Wi-Fi in the lobby and the amazingly, huge, yummy, free breakfast every morning courtesy of Claudia. Being the incredible host, Ryan recommended places to eat, where to rent a car, which beaches to visit, and made sure to check-in with us daily. Hotel Buenisimo and Ryan's hospitality throughout our stay was beyond our expectations and truly made our first mother/daughter trip very memorable. We will definitely be returning soon!!

Room Tip: The Casita is very spacious and has everything you need to have a pleasant, safe, and relaxing stay...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Had a great stay at HB this season. Not my first visit. Casita was wonderful--spacious, clean, private, close to everything I wanted to do! Morning breakfast keeps you satisfied all day long. Saves a meal with no need for lunch. Enjoyed socializing with other guests in reception area. Tico rules make pool table a challenge to hold, but twice as much fun!!

Room Tip: Blue or yellow casita if you will have a car. Red casita if you won't!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

If you are thinking of visiting Costa Rica, the first place you should consider for your stay is Hotel Buenisimo. Recently I stayed at Hotel Buenisimo for one week and my visit was pure bliss the entire time. I stayed in the garden room, which was fantastic! Located in the BEAUTIFUL, scenic Nicoya Peninsula, Hotel Buenisimo boasts hot water, AC, Free Wi-Fi, and breakfast included... all for an incredible price!! Located steps from miles of coastline, Hotel Buenisimo is accommodating, friendly, and extremely safe. Charlie and Denise are exceptional hosts, making sure to check in on me frequently. Denise was kind enough to quickly respond to my last minute vacation request. She even provided helpful pointers on how to get there easily. She made my travel plans worry free & hassle free! One night during my stay, Charlie and Denise even invited me to a pizza party in the main lobby, once again proving themselves to be gracious, thoughtful hosts. Everything I could possibly want or need was available to me at Hotel Buenisimo, including taxi service, surf lessons, tour guides and more. The breakfast each morning was incredible. Claudia makes the most delicious banana or banana pineapple pancakes! She would switch it up every morning and I can tell you one of my favorite times of the day was sitting down to her big breakfasts. When my vacation was over, I was actually quite bummed that I would not be waking up to Claudia's incredible breakfasts anymore. I spent my time, sun bathing, surfing, beach running & having a blast the entire time. I will definitely return to this hotel anytime I want to visit Costa Rica. This place is unbelievable & can only be described as heaven on earth. My vacation was perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Theresa L
Fernie, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

It was our second time back to Costa Rica, the first time we were robbed, so it was soooo nice to stay here because we really felt safe. Charlie the owner checked on on us and really took care of our high expectations. W strongly recommend a quad tho! It's a steep hill. Our views of the sunset were hands down the favorite part of our trip. Kitchen and bathroom were excellent, we made awesome dinners. The bed was amazing! We slept so so so well. Thank you for everything guys!

Room Tip: The yellow roofed cabin has the best views!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple