“AMAZING is just one way to describe this place (btw this will be a long read...)!”
Review of Earth Cafe

Earth Cafe
Ranked #7 of 120 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Description: Healthy fresh food in the heart of Santa Teresa serving breakfast, lunch, coffee, pastry and home made ice cream. Lots of vegan options.
Reviewed February 17, 2019

Although amazing is an accurate word for Earth Café’s food, it does not describe the fantastic taste of their food. If I could pick only one word, it would be FRESH! I mean... #ThisIsSoFreeesh has a certain ring to it, doesn't it?

Anyhow, I can honestly say that fresh is just the best word to use. I can't emphasize the freshness of it all.. Tuna poke bowl, grilled chicken sandwich, avocado toast or veggie salad... It will always be so ******* FRESH! The only thing missing is them kombuchas!

Don't go if you are in a hurry or if you are looking for the cheapest place but, if you want real quality and don't mind paying that (very little) bit extra to have the most organic and quintessentially local experience you can while in Santa Teresa... This is the place for you! Something I have noticed is they don't even have a clock on the wall, it's amaz... I mean fresh! Ok... I have to calm the **** down and keep it real... I honestly would not recommend a visit if you’re just looking for "something fast" – unless you're having gelato cravings, in which case you should definitely swing by; their gelato is AMAZING AND FRESH!

Conclusion: I'd recommend an hour or so with a deck of cards and try different dishes! And If I have to choose, I would go for the avocado toast.. It's simply an #AmazingToast

Stay freeesh!

Date of visit: January 2019
Earth C, Owner at Earth Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

Thank you so much for taking your time to post this beautiful review!!!

Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

We visited this place 3 times.

The first we had AMAZING ice cream, truly creamy fresh and lots of different original flavors with tropical fruits, peanut butter.. gelatos are definitely their best product!

And visited also twice for breakfast. The service, even for local standards, is extreeeeemely slow and badly timed. We were two people and our drinks and food arrived all in different moments so by the time my hubbie had drank his entire coffee and eaten his eggs I was still waiting for my juice.
I can’t have spicy in my breakfast and specifically asked for plain bread and avocado - which was not in the menu but kind of a personal variation. The first day they managed to prepare it and it was good, amazing bread in fact. But on the second day they didn’t deliver what I ordered (which was exactly the same as the first day) and instead served me a paste of avocado which in theory was only the fruit itself “smoothly processed” as the waiter explained but in fact was strongly seasoned and made me sick. I am very picky with my food and almost always ask for changes in the menu so I am used to hearing this or that can’t be done. But if it can be done and is not delivered, it bothers me, even so when I ask what it is I am being offered and they say it’s only avocado when it clearly wasn’t...

Other than that, the ambience is fun, staff are friendly and it looks like they have amazing options for lunch.

Date of visit: February 2019
Katinka B, Owner at Earth Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2019

Thanks for taking your time to write a review, I am sorry you had a bad experience with the service.
For the avocado we have changed the way we make it, so now we blend it in the Vitamix, so the consistency is different.

I hope you come back so we can try to change this for you!!

Reviewed February 14, 2019 via mobile

Tried Earth Cafe for breakfast while in Santa Teresa because of the awesome reviews and 4.8 star rating. Was excited to try this place because the menu looked awesome.

Breakfast runs from 8-11am ... we went at 9am today. I ordered the avocado toast w poached egg w an order of carrot-ginger juice only to find that they had run out of avocados and three out of four juices on the menu. Felt pressured to order in a rush and ended up w the eggs Benedict which was nothing special and very unhealthy ... opposite of why I had come to Earth Cafe in the first place. My friend had scrambled eggs which were apparently runny (I didn’t try them).

As we were finishing our meal, I overheard them tell another guest who ordered avocado toast that they now had avocado but had run out of bread. They also told another guest who ordered a coffee w almond milk that they had also run out of almond milk.

Service was adequately pleasant but lacked true warmth.

I understand it’s a cafe in a small remote beach town in Costa Rica but I really found this place to be disappointing ... unhealthiest and least worth it meal I’ve had in Costa Rica.

Date of visit: February 2019
Earth C, Owner at Earth Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2019

Hey!
I am so sorry that you felt this way.
The reason for we run out of fruits and veggies sometimes is because everything is local and organic and sometimes there isn’t anything in town.
I really feel so bad that you felt this way!
Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay.

Reviewed February 7, 2019 via mobile

We are three friends who come here every other day because of the lovely atmosphere, the good food and the friendly staff and dogs. Best icecream we've ever had and we absolutely loved the smoked fish toast (pictured) and the acai smoothie bowl. I recommened everyone to make a visit here if you go to Santa Teresa and like healthy and very tasty food! Do not miss having an icecream here on a hot day!

Date of visit: February 2019
Earth C, Owner at Earth Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2019

Thanks so much for coming and giving us such a beautiful review!!!

Reviewed January 30, 2019

The food here is excellent. They have options that range from vegan bowls which are really filling to really tasty snacks. I just had a smoothie bowl which was like eating ice cream but really healthy. In addition to a bunch of other fresh ingredients, they topped it off with bananas, shredded coconut, and a generous scoop of peanut butter. On top of that, the folks that work here are super friendly and welcoming.

Date of visit: January 2019
Earth C, Owner at Earth Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2019

Thank u so much!! Pura vida !!