“Honeymoon stay was awesome”
Review of Gumbo Limbo Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Teresa
Gumbo Limbo Villas
Ranked #23 of 27 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We stayed here for our honeymoon. It is a wonderful hotel, only 4 rooms so very personal and quiet. Everything is very clean and well cared for, it is away from all teh dirt of the main street, the view is excellent. Mikaeli (sorry if I mispelled that man) and Sonny were awesome giving us surf lessons, sooking fabulous food, giving other travel suggestions, and booking tours. We could not have asked for a better stay, and will definitely return in the future!

There are newer reviews for Gumbo Limbo Villas

Reviewed February 16, 2011

We stay there to celebrate my 24th birthday, we are costarricans so we went in the public bus, it took us more than 5 hours to get to Sta Teresa, the bus we'll leave you 500mts from the hotel, those 500mts are up hill, it was very inclined, it took us like 1 hour to go 500mts, so rent an ATV.
When we arrive to the villas, Sony, the owner, upgrade us, so we got a better room with the best view, a great bathroom with a magnificent view of the ocean, a nice bed and big deck with a hammock overlooking the ocean.
The place has a nice infinity pool, it is great for relaxing, the pool was a little dirty the second day, after a pool sunset party they had on the first day we stayed.
The breakfast is included and is very tasteful. I enjoyed very much my stayed there.

Reviewed January 20, 2011

My first trip/vacation without my kids in 8yrs, and I was so relaxed and well taken care of at Gumbo Limbo. Everyone was so nice and helpful. I would definately recommend to my friends and I will definately go back!! The food was amazing too!! Excellent place to get away!!

Reviewed December 20, 2010

We arrived in the evening so we where not able to see everything during that night... but as soon as we woke up we realized that litterly we where sleeping in paradise!!! There is no way you can get a better ocean view straight from your bed. The room was amazing beautifull!!! And enyoing the sun set from the pool ....we really have no words!!! Dont be surprised if you can see monkeys around there... because literally you are in the middle of pure nature and Santa Teresa is the perfect and the best surfing beach of Costa Rica. The staff gives you a real home feeling and the Italian dinner we enjoyed was delicius. We really had the honey moon of our dreams!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Gumbo Limbo was so amazing! I took a trip to Santa Teresa and stayed at Gumbo Limbo on a friend's recommendation. I really needed to get away from the fast-paced, corporate world and this ended up being the best place to get the job done. We arrived quite a bit on the late side of the evening and my friend's and I were starving from traveling 8 hours from the airport. Sonny and Michele (the owners/chef) had waited for us to arrive to make us an amazing, fresh, Italian dinner at the property's restaurant. We stayed in a beautiful cabana (the largest of the 4 on site) equipped with the best outdoor hammock ever! (1 of us slept outside in it every night to fall asleep with the stars) Sonny and Michele always gave us great tips of where to go and, most importantly, how to get around the area. Just ask them for anything and they will be sure to guide you in the best direction. Gumbo Limbo is great if you are looking for a completely relaxing and truly unique stay while in Costa Rica. I will be going back here every time I visit Costa Rica (which will be as much as possible).

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lapolmear
Reviewed October 20, 2010

From the ratings given, you can see that I loved this place. I would change absolutely nothing about Gumbo Limbo, but there are some things that you should know!
It is on a HUGE hill! This is actually quite nice for getting up into the mountains while staying close to the ocean, but if you have any movement disabilities in your group you should plan accordingly (a 4W drive vehicle is a bare minimum for getting here, better by ATV)
Getting to Santa Teresa from San Jose Airport will eat up an entire day of your precious vacation if you take the bus. I would opt for a small charter plane from San Jose to the west coast to cut this time down. Sonny or Michele at Gumbo Limbo will happily give you the details.
Plan to rent an ATV if you don't have a vehicle already. The beaches are good nearby, but the country really begs to be explored more than just what you could reach on foot. You'll agree after you walk up and down that hill a few times too.
Plan to have a few dinners at Gumbo Limbo. Michele's cooking is NOT to be missed.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I've traveled to CR many times and usually stay on the beach. After talking to some friends and seeing photos I decided to stay at Gumbo Limbo. The Villas have such a comfy laidback feel, open yet private. Starting with beakfast, watching the waves down the coast, to incredible sunsets with amazing italian meals. Sonny and Michele really made me feel comfortable and attended to all needs. I think one of the nicest advantages of staying up there was the cool breezes and lack of bugs for sleeping.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo