Wow! We could not have chosen a better place to stay while in Santa Teresa. We stayed in a small villa overlooking the gorgeous swimming pool; it was the most incredible view! Staying here is not like staying at a big traditional hotel, they only have a few rooms, which was perfect because it was so private. Beware if you want to be a part of all of the cars, four wheelers and other noise in the town below this place is not for you! From the main road of the town we take a long winding road up the mountain side to the hotel, you could walk, but you better be in shape! Once you’re up there if it wasn’t for the perfect beaches you would not want to leave. The owners are super cool guys, happy to lend a hand and get you pointed in the right direction; not only do they make a great concierge, (helping with surfboard rentals and fishing trips) but boy can the Italian owner cook! His name is Michele and he is so happy to share his grandmother’s recipes from Italy. I did not go to Costa Rica planning to have great Italian food but I am glad I did, he made us wonderful pasta and even cooked fresh fish we caught on the fishing trip the guys help us set up! Be sure to indulge, Sonny the other American owner and can make a mean Mojito! All in all I can’t wait to get back to surf, swim, eat drink and relax, and Gumbo Limbo is the perfect spot to do so!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gumbo Limbo is a unique bed & breakfast located in the hills of Santa Teresa, just 2 minutes to Santa Teresa beach and town. Along with stunning ocean views, Gumbo Limbo's central, hilltop location provides seclusion- a nice break from the dust and bustle of town, while being only a 2 minute drive to the beach and main road. A 4x4 vehicle, which is generally better for Costa Rica roads, is recommended to reach our property. Each of our villas is surrounded by lush, tropical nature, giving total privacy, comfort, and a real feeling of being in the jungle. From every corner of our property, you can find amazing ocean and mountain views. Our beautiful infinity pool is the perfect spot to relax and watch the best sunsets Santa Teresa has to offer. A full breakfast is included in your stay. It is served each morning in our ocean view dining area. Some of our breakfast options include granola and yogurt with fresh fruits, eggs with gallo pinto, or pancakes, all served with fresh Costa Rican coffee. Our guests are our priority. It comes natural for us to host people and make new friends, so it is our pleasure to cover every small detail and accommodate our guests' needs so that they have the best time while staying with us. Many of our guests have told us that their experience visiting Gumbo Limbo felt more like staying with old friends, than staying at a hotel. Whether it's sharing a surf session or an Argentinean asado together, we look forward to having you!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Gumbo Limbo Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gumbo Limbo Villas Hotel Santa Teresa
- Gumbo Limbo Villas Costa Rica/Santa Teresa