“Great food and friendly service”
Review of Nami

Nami
Ranked #1 of 120 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Description: Our restaurant offers a combinations of simple and modern japanese cuisine with high quality ingredients and local fresh fish.
Reviewed February 18, 2019 via mobile

We ate at Nami and I had #2 on the back page of the menu. Delicious! Our server was attentive and chatted with us while we waited for our taxi. Hubby had shrimp tempura and liked it although he likes his tempura a bit thinner than what was served. Still ate all of it!

Reviewed February 5, 2019 via mobile

My husband loved his selections but I need to rave about my spicy tuna poke. Top notch. Then the dessert. I forgot the name but it took 15 minutes to prepare and it was well worth the wait. I’m looking forward to returning very soon. By the way, service was excellent. Waitress was from Israel and made us feel very welcome.

Reviewed February 5, 2019

We had very good food here, but our experience overall was lacking. The sushi was fresh, the gyosa pleasant, although we've had better, and the teriayke (SP?) was good, although it seems that the rice was put on the plate while the chicken was cooked, as it was lukewarm at best. Service was prompt and pleasant.

What spoiled the meal for us was the excessive volume of the music they were playing. It's not that the music was bad (sort of a Carlos Jobin vibe) or inappropriate, It's just that it was so loud that we couldn't easily converse, despite being at the far end of the place. We were there early in the evening, with the other three tables being seniors as well, so no need for overpowering volume. We asked that the volume be reduced, but when our waitress passed along the request, my wife commented that the individual the waitress asked just shook their head. Very disappointing for a restaurant that sees itself as being upper end.

Note that despite the pricing level, this restaurant does not accept credit cards - bring lots of money...

In summary, we won't be back.

Reviewed February 4, 2019 via mobile

Seriously some of the best sushi I’ve ever had. The tuna was ultra fresh and everything was super tasty. Presentation was spot on. We went with our 8yr old son that is a very picky eater. The staff were willing to make him anything he wanted. The servers friendliness and willingness to help was outstanding. I’m just sorry I didn’t get his name. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 31, 2019

We enjoyed Nami for lunch and plan to go back for dinner. The Poke Bowl was fresh and tasty. Most of all the woman who served us was absolutely delightful. Great energy fun place to eat.

Date of visit: January 2019