“Take me back to Costa Rica!”

Nectar at Florblanca Resort
Ranked #18 of 121 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our Restaurant Nectar at Hotel Florblanca is laid back and elegant; an indoor/outdoor hangout for guests and locals wanting to dine, celebrate, or enjoy after a day at the beach. The kitchen serves up fusion cuisine with Latin, Mediterranean and Asian influences. The menu is built around seasonal ingredients with an emphasis on organic local produce, fresh seafood from the surrounding waters, and traditional favorites. From sushi to fish tacos, from salads to chocolate souffle, our menu is varied and creative.
Reviewed August 2, 2019

I had the opportunity to visit the Florblanca Resort in Santa Teresa for a yoga retreat. The resort also includes the Nectar restaurant so this review is for both of those. What an absolutely beautiful property and so well maintained. All the yoga classes were held in this yoga room that has the most amazing view of the lush surroundings and ocean beyond. Lets talk about the gorgeous pool area and yes private beach that are just steps away with loungers that face out to the ocean. And the spa! I've never been to a more beautiful spa. I got the relaxing massage and I never wanted it to end. I got to enjoy the fresh water whirlpool after. Seriously take me back! And everyone that works at Florblanca/Nectar…wow so genuinely nice and helpful always giving the best service. Wherever you are on the property I felt like someone was watching out for your needs. Just superior service and I so appreciated all their many small helpful gestures. The restaurant itself (which is right overlooking the pool area and private beach), the food was excellent. The seafood was so fresh. My favorite dish was the pasta with shrimp…so yummy! And their chips and dip…homemade pita chips with homemade guacamole (so good!), fresh salsa, this amazing bean deep, and cheese queso…I’m making myself hungry just thinking about it. Oh and the smoothies! Sooo good. My favorite was the Indulge. I had to take a pic of that recipe to take home. I would just like to give a special shout out to the people working at Florblanca/Nectar who made my stay there so wonderful: Ruth and Luis (extra special shout outs, thank you for the good conversations :), Kendall, Berneth, Yury, Lucy, Alison, Jose, Laura, and Oscar. Thank you again! I could not recommend this place more highly.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (215)

Reviewed June 15, 2019

Luis and the bartender took great care of us! We had the tuna tartar and the beef tenderloin. Delicious!!! Very elegant restaurant right on the ocean. The bartender made me a custom drink based off the flavors I like and Luis catered to every need! Ask to sit in their sections!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed February 25, 2019 via mobile

We were vacationing in Santa Teresa and went to nectar for dinner. Their food is excellent! Everything we tried was a top notch. There was a guitar and violin players, very Romantic and relaxing. We got complementary champagne, few amuse bush. Their bread was very warm, soft. We had pear salad and some seafood appetizer, forgot to take the picture, we ate it right away. As a meal we had seared ahi tuna and red fish. Both had a great flavor. For dessert we drank a bottle dessert wine and ordered few desserts. Very good experience, not the cheapest place, but way worth it!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 31, 2019 via mobile

Unfortunately we were given an isolated table that was not lit therefore it was hard to see what we were eating. Food was very good however and the staff were very professional and welcoming. Would recommend.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 16, 2019

One of the prettiest hotels of the area, very warm restaurant and really good food. Its worth to visit and have dinner, little bit pricely.

Date of visit: December 2018