“Amazing Food & Craft Beer!”
Review of El Facon

El Facon
Ranked #27 of 120 Restaurants in Santa Teresa
Description: Our casual beach side restaurant offers amazing dishes from our chef's wood-fire grill. We use only local and fresh ingredients in both our food and cocktails. Enjoy a small get together or just relax with some tapas and live music.
Reviewed February 18, 2019

My husband and I were trying to decide where to eat dinner on Valentine’s Day and noticed driving past that El Facon had decorated the restaurant and had candlelit tables, adding a nice ambience. As vegetarians there definitely wasn’t many options, we ordered the polenta to start and the vegetarian plate for dinner.... both were delicious! The vegetarian plate was large, the food was very thoughtfully prepared and the ingredients used were quality. The dish included a few veggie purés, cuscus salad, breaded eggplant and a bunch of other things. We were super impressed with our dish, it’s definitely one of the best meals we’ve had during our time in Costa Rica. Furthermore they have about 6 beers on draft I believe mine was called Rubia and my husband had the IPA they are from a local brewery La Selva and were incredible. With a growing vegetarian population I hope in future they add more veggie options to the menu!

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I visited El Falcon on a Saturday evening for dinner. The place was busy so we shared a bench table with another couple, which was nice.
We both chose the Mahi Mahi special which was served with puréed sweet potato and vegetables. Absolutely delicious.
The craft beer was nice, but a bit pricey.
Good service by the friendly waitress who was run off her feet, but a bit slow to place our order and to pay. Could do with another server to help out.

Reviewed February 8, 2019 via mobile

Came here for our ‘treat’ meal having been almost exclusively eating at the sodas and it was well worth it! At about 8k a main it’s a bit more expensive but well worth it for what you get.
We both had the yummy local mango ale which went perfectly with the pork we both settled on and was epic, huge slabs perfectly cooked and served with gorgeous veg on a bead of purée sweet potato and a side of bread.
While we were salivating over the different dishes and trying to avoid food envy (both settling on the same) we were given a side of giant, parsnip sized chips with aioli and both left very full and contented!
Great staff, really good, chilled atmosphere and perfect setting - we thought there would be live music on a Thursday but was even better without.

Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

Portions are quite large, the steak was not so tender. The fish which was a special was very good. Excellent selection of artesanal beers available. Service was good, live band created a nice atmosphere. Would recommend for anyone looking for a tasty dish.

Reviewed January 27, 2019

You know... Sometimes you just walk into a place and it feels like home (my fav places in my hometown of Sthlm are the same)?

They feel a bit scruffy around the edges, a bit worn and torn, the staff can go either the "we're all family here" way or the "I don't care, you choose us" way... And the music is usually pretty good.

El Facon is that place to me. All that and good drinks, nice craft beers - or the standard Imperial for that matter, never under estimate the cold and easy drinking one in high temperatures - and the lovely smell of food from the wood fire kitchen.

Date of visit: January 2019