Cuesta Arriba Hotel
Hotel Tropico Latino(Santa Teresa)
$135
Manala Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$100
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

Nautilus Boutique Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$146
$295
$215
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

$85
$82
Hotel Meli Melo(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$40
Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$68
Blue Surf Sanctuary(Santa Teresa)
$110
Villas Solar(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$110
Priceline
Florblanca Resort(Santa Teresa)
$388
All reviewsprivate roomcosta ricashared kitchensocial placebig fridgenorthern partfriendly vibeclean kitchenfree breakfastswimming poolgreat kitchengreat surfquiet locationcommon areasnight lifesurf breaka great stay
Reviewed July 26, 2014

What an amazing place! Barbara and Martin are gracious hosts who know the area well, are bi-lingual, and have a wonderful hotel. I rented the mini-private room that had a shared bath and a private room. It was so worth it!!! At $35 a night with a pool, hot water, private room, A/C, and kitchen, it was an amazing bargain. I will most definitely be back. Of all the places I have stayed in Costa Rica over the several times I have been, this is definitely the best. I LOVE the beach, and I love the hotel. Don't miss out. Come visit as soon as you can!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
cuestaarriba, Owner at Cuesta Arriba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Hi Chris! Thank you for you nice words! We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay so much. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2014

My boyfriend and I picked this place based on the tripadvisor review and we didn't regret it!
The Argentinian-German couple running the place is so helpful and so kind that it makes the all difference!
The hostel is located 2 min walk from a surf shop where you can rent boards for 10$ (24h) and 100m from the Lora beach which is a really good surfing, both for beginners and experts.
There's a little restaurant next door where you can have a dinner for 5$, and the supermarket is just at a 5 min walk.
Having travelled Costa Rica for a month, we can say now this was our best pick so far :)

• Stayed: July 2014

Hi There! Thank you for your excelent review! We are happy to read such a bunch of nice things about our sourrundings and Hotel aswell. We Loved to hear that you had a good time and that we are your best pick so far in your trip.
We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with others!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

The Cuesta Arriba was recommended by our Surf Guide book. It offers all you need to spend beutiful days in Santa Teresa. We stayed in the 4 bed loft-style rooms. The clean rooms and kitchen, free breakfast, nearby beach access and the friendly staff made us stay longer than we planned. The Soda next to hotel offers good food and the supermarket is also not far away.

Room Tip: Loft style rooms have enough space to store the surf boards
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Cuesta A, Owner at Cuesta Arriba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Hola ! Thank you for spreading the voice about us! We are glad to know that you had a good time here with us and we hope to see you back someday. Until then...enjoy the ride!!!
Pura Vida

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I arrived at this hotel traveling with some friends, we rented out the 8 people budget room, and we definitely recommend this place! The price is really good for what it offers: clean rooms, pool, nearby beach, and breakfast. The beach is wonderful, the nightlife is great and so are the nearby restaurants. The service is also really good.

We had a blast and hope to come back soon, thank you so much for the hospitality!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Cuesta A, Owner at Cuesta Arriba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Hola Valentina! We are glad to know that you had such a good time here with your friends. Thank you for spreading the voice about us! Please!!!Come back soon!

Barbara & Martin

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I had such a great stay at Cuesta Arriba. SO good, that months later I am still thinking about it and day dreaming of being back there. I intended on staying only 2 nights then moving on, but ended up staying 7 nights.

I stayed in the big, open room dormitory upstairs. It was by far one of the best rooms I have ever had in a hostel setting. I loved waking up to the sounds of the jungle and the morning breeze.

They had well kept amenities, it was always clean, and there was a wonderful feel and atmosphere to the place. As a solo female traveller, I always felt safe and comforted by my surroundings.
I enjoyed that it felt peaceful and slightly tucked away from it all, and yet was literally a minute walk to the spectacular beach and all the happenings. It was also 3 minutes walking distance from a supermarket and one of the best local restaurants.

They have a beautiful pool for lounging in the mid-day heat and a great open aired kitchen/main hangout area. It was an easy, chill place to meet and chat with others. And, there was freshly brewed coffee each morning in the outdoor kitchen, such a treat to wake up to.

The hosts, Barbara & Martin, are such cool couple. They were warm and welcoming, very knowledgeable and professional at all times. They made me feel well taken care of, like I was staying with old friends, but I also appreciated that I was left alone and unbothered, as I tend to enjoy my personal space and time. It was a great balance.

Overall, an excellent experience and I look forward to future stays!
Many thanks to Barbara & Martin

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Cuesta A, Owner at Cuesta Arriba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Holaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Thank you for your nice words! We are happy to know that you had such a nice experience with us. We hope you can make it back one day! Until then...have fun and enjoy the ride!!!