My buddy and I stayed here for 3 nights...it was very clean and was a super nice place to chill. Everyone who worked there was very friendly, except for the owner Barbara. She was friendly at first, but then quickly flipped the switch to unpleasant. We were told if we wanted to rent surf boards and bikes then we could work out a "deal" for each day. So the one day we surfed for an hour and brought the boards back thinking we would take bikes down to the ATM because there is nothing even close to the hostel...wrong, Barbara wanted us to pay full price for each even though we only wanted them for an hour each. Another time, someone in our room had set a bag on a bed that was not being used that night. Barbara ended up getting mad because of this and made me pay for the bed $18 or pay to do a load of laundry $12 all because something was set on it...not very friendly at all. I still would recommend this hostel, just stay away from Barbara and try and talk to James and Charlotte, they are super kind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Colonial-style hotel surrounded by trees and tropical gardens with unique affordable rooms. The hotel features a communal kitchen,resting areas, hammocks and a sparkling pool in the landscaped garden. Complimentary coffee served at 8AM, free parking and Wireless is also offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and HostelWorld so you can book your Cuesta Arriba Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cuesta Arriba Bed And Breakfast Hostel
- Cuesta Arriba Hotel Santa Teresa
- Cuesta Arriba Hotel Costa Rica/Santa Teresa