All reviewsloft roomcosta ricashared kitchenswimming poolquiet locationgreat kitchenbreakfast includedcommon areasgreat adviceair conditioningmal paismartinbarbarahostelsupermarketsurfbeach
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I am the worst guest you can get. I am on a tight budget, so I need a lot of informations (it is more difficult to get the public bus than the private shuttle). I also lost my key, and was often out of cash because the bank is far away. Barbara and Martin were very helpful and patient with me.

It is a really good place if you want to dedicate yourself to the surf, trying to focus and not be devolved by all the Argentins girls that are around town and the parties that go with it. People here wake up very early to surf and even if it chill at night, there is no late night parties.

The surf and yoga instructor are really great too.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Great location, just minutes from the beach, restaurants, surf school, board rentals, and supermarket. Exceptionally clean rooms, bathrooms, and shared public spaces. Very comfortable bed, "real mattresses" are rare in Costa Rica hostels. Also offer a beautiful pool; a nice option when beach sun/fun has played itself out for the day. Laundry service on location with quick turnaround a plus.
Barbara and Martin are truly wonderful people; very friendly and helpful answering questions, making reservations, booking transportation, etc. Their staff are equally outstanding. Spent nearly three weeks there and loved it.
Book early during the high season because they are frequently sold out, which is no surprise at all because Cuesta Arriba is the best hostel EVER!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The atmosphere is very relaxing and in a good location. The rooms are clean and the community facilities are well maintained. The swimming pool is a bonus. Close walk to the beach, restuarants and supermarket. Great price, you definetely get more than what you pay for. I suggest trying the Yoga. I did it for the first time and it was good. More of a workout than I expected. I will be back! Barbara, Martin, and the rest of the staff are really nice people. You have to go to Cuesta Arriba!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Nice, clean rooms, great community kitchen. Very nice and helpful owners. Close to beach...just perfect! Great pool, not too much of a party place but perfect if you like to rise early. Not a surfer but ended up staying 3 nights because it was so relaxing.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I imediately extended my stay here, what a magical place to be, not just for the short walk to a beautiful beach but becase of these very nice people. I felt very welcome here and everything was very clean and proper man. The kitchen here was very nice and I am a chef so I will say this one is awesome and has the best fridge of any hostel that I stayed at for my five week tour in CR. I was here for six days and I had to force myself to leave. I am lucky to have stayed here. The pool is awesome man and it is a great place to read and write. There are iguanas by the pool and the whole area around this hostel is very well kept and beautiful gardens. I sent pics back home right away and my friends and family thought that I was already at my jungle destination! The staff here work all day keeping things very nice and proper and I was very impressed with that. I never needed a hot shower in Santa Teresa, it's hot there man so I did not mind the cold water. Dont worry, just shower when it is the heat of the day and your fine. This is a good and secure place to stay as well. It is away from all of the party noise and that was perfect for me as I prefer to write. I don't care to hang out all night in the bar scene of a surf town. This was the perfect place for me and I am going to return here again this year in December of this year. Remember to not put paper into the toilets here. Also there is great food right next door here and the groceries are very close by so it is very convenient to find foods to cook in this great kitchen. I think that my writing changed here at this place and I was finding myself relaxed and very happy. Thank you Barbara and Martin for siging my journal and I shall return there!
Pura Vida
Paul

Room Tip: Ant room here will give you a magical experience by this beach.