Cuesta Arriba Hotel
Hotel Tropico Latino(Santa Teresa)
$135
Manala Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$81
Casa MarBella(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$100
Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotel Santa Teresa(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$104
$99
Priceline
Blue Surf Sanctuary(Santa Teresa)
$110
Beach Break Surf Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$35
Playa Cielo(Santa Teresa)
$143
Surf Vista Villas(Santa Teresa)
TripAdvisor
Funky Monkey Lodge(Santa Teresa)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivate roomcosta ricasocial placenorthern partshared kitchenfree breakfastbig fridgeclean kitchenswimming poolquiet locationgreat surfgreat kitchencommon areasa great staysurf breakgrocery storerooms are spacious
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Of course all hostels have their goods and bads but I have little to complain about at the Cuesta arriba. The prices are fairly competitive with the area and it's CLEAN. Our first night in Santa Teresa, the first hostel we went to was closed for construction. We walked to a second, stayed two nights, hesitantly. Mostly because we loved the people we met there. It was filthy. Moldy pillow. Disgusting. Ps it's called minihostel but there's no trip advisor for it.

Anyways back to Cuesta, overall nice atmosphere. The staff was very helpful and approachable. Clean clean. Sweet pool. Outside shower. Dorms are pleasant. Hammocks. Tv. Iguanas everywhere. Only thing is beware that walking into town or to local places is required...the Cuesta arriba is set at the end of town.

Only complaint. Three dollar fresh towels?! That's a bit much.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greeneggsnjamon
Reviewed December 1, 2012

My friend and I shared a private room here. There was a double sized bed and a twin bed. We shared a bathroom with another private room. The bathroom was not connected to the rooms, which was nice.
We came to Santa Teresa on a recommendation from some locals. We originally planned to only stay one night, but decided to stay 3 after getting here! It took us eleven (11!!) hours to get here from La Fortuna on the jeep-boat-jeep shuttle, ferry, public bus, and taxi. We were so happy when we finally arrived here to such a peaceful place only a few minute walk away from the ocean, that we didn't want to leave.
The owners were SO nice and helpful, I wish I could have gotten to know them better. The pool was amazing- so clean and quiet. The rooms, bathroom, and kitchen were nice, too. Anyone complaining about "only" receiving FREE toast and coffee should go home. It was nice to wake up every morning to free toast and coffee!
My ONLY complaint was the bathroom that we shared really smelled. It's smell was more than likely a result of Costa Rica's sewer system than by the fault of the hostel, but this bathroom could have greatly benefited from a fan and/or air freshener! Other than that, I'd totally go back!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2012

In my nearly 2 months of travel I´ve come back to this place 3 times and stayed close to 3 weeks total. very relaxed place. Nice kitchen and common areas. Owners are super helpful and friendly along with the staff. I slept well each night. The surf is located across the road another 150 yards and your on a beautiful pristine beach with consistent beach break with good vibes. My favortie hostel so far in my travels.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mike W
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Super clean, spacious rooms and bathrooms, incredibly friendly hosts (helping you with really everything!!!), very close beach access, restaurants/bars/shops nearby, great surf...THE location to stay at while visting Santa Teresa!!! Lonely Planet is definitly right naming the place "our pick"...it's really the best and most friendly place I stayed at in Costa Rica! I stayed there for four nights and planned to go on travelling...but I did change my mind after only two days and returned for another five nights. The place just rocks and you might get stuck there!!! :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had an amazing stay at Cuesta Arriba Hotel. I was planning on staying only one night but ended up with six! Excellent kitchen, swimming pool, common areas, rooms and bathrooms. Superb location and great surf. Super affordable prices.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends