“The BEST hospitality!”
Review of Fuego Lodge

Fuego Lodge
Ranked #2 of 27 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I haven't stopped telling people about my experience with Orquidea since I've been back home! When I started planning this trip to Costa Rica I wanted a beach town I hadn't been to yet that wasn't too touristy, and my friends recommended Santa Teresa. So when I found Orquidea online but was slightly confused by the prices I decided to just call. I talked to the owner, Barbara, for almost 20 minutes that evening and we continued emailing back and forth for the month before my trip..she was SO helpful and accommodating! Her personality and genuine interest in making sure we were taken care of was so apparent. When my friends and I arrived in Santa Teresa Itay, Barbara's husband, picked us up from the bus stop so we didn't have to walk in the dark...they had bought water bottles and fresh fruit for us since we arrived late and most restuarants were closed. The rest of our stay there was so wonderful, the place was clean and had everything we could possible need! The lodge had all the amenities (cable tv, a/c, wifi, pool, etc.) of a fancy resort without all the fuss of hundreds of other guests running around . It was so relaxing and in the middle of the beautiful jungle, yet only a few hundred meters from the beach. Barbara and Itay's incredible hospitality throughout our entire stay and their beautiful property absolutely blew me away! I would recommend Orquidea to anyone that is looking for a truly relaxing vacation and exceptional accommodations

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 15, 2010

I stayed at Orquidea for two weeks in August and couldn't have had a more wonderful time!! I'm sure if you have read the other reviews, you can see that Barbara and Itay are absolutely amazing people and hosts - you couldn't ask for two better people to meet on your travels! We stayed in the penthouse suite which was beautiful - it has a full kitchen, huge comfy bed, big balcony, beautiful washroom, AC..... basically everything you could ask for! The service is amazing, our room was cleaned everyday and the pool was immaculate. It is also really close to the nicest beach in Santa Teresa (about a 5 minute walk) and a ton of great restaurants are steps away. I checked out a couple other places when I was there as I had friends staying at different hotels etc and Orquidea is by far the best!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Whit_K
Reviewed August 11, 2010

Just arrived home from a glorious 3 week vacation in beautiful Santa Theresa, Costa Rica, where my 3 friends and I had the pleasure of spending 10 days at Barbara and Itay's awesome lodge. The house is spacious with modern amenities throughout, and very clean. It is situated in one of the best area's around, walking distance to everywhere, and is in the process of having a pool added, and 2 more cabana's. Out of all the places we stayed it was our favourite, and the concern and generosity of the proprietors is impressive. I would highly recommend booking a rental at this property, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank finnigan1
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed here for 2 weeks, and absolutely loved it. Very comfortable, spacious, and clean rooms. 2 steps from a gorgeous beach with amazing surf, and the absolute best hospitality we had in Costa Rica. Very highly recommended !

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mitch087
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Staying at Orquidea felt like staying at the home of an old friend. Barbara and Itay were incredible hosts. They went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and welcome. The room was nice, clean and faced a beautiful garden and pool. The lodge is within walking distance to the beach and many good restaurants. On my last day in Santa Teresa, I found out that the tour company would not be able to take me to Arenal Volcano, as I had planned. Barbara made some phone calls, went on the internet, and navigated the confusing Costa Rican bus schedules so that I would be able go on the next leg of my trip. I wouldn't have been able to do this on m own. Not only did she make sure that I had everything I needed while at her lodge, she made sure that I had a great time in Costa Rica! I highly recommend Orquidea. This is where I'll be staying the next time I'm in Santa Teresa.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank bordercoolrye
Reviewed August 4, 2010

we are coming to Santa Teresa twice a year for few years now and without a doubt orquidea lodge is one of the safest and cleanest places out there, its a walking distance from the best surf point s and yet very quite, the management is great and the price is very reasonable. Can’t ask for more, highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank costarica072
Reviewed August 3, 2010

The place was nice and clean and very comfortable, it was a skip away from the beautiful beaches and other activities. We rented ATV's just next door and cruised around town. It is a great place for surfers and families!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends