“Highly recommened - Great for Families”
Review of Fuego Lodge

Fuego Lodge
Ranked #2 of 27 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Fuego for 5 nights this February with our three children (10, 8 and 6 yrs old). It was the perfect place for us. Our room was clean and comfortable and we had plenty of room for all five of us. The property itself is a beautiful little oasis about 300 yards from the main road - which is key, because it is just far enough to be quiet and free of the ever present dust from the road - yet is is close enough to be convenient to be an easy walk to Playa Santa Teresa or a drive to Hermosa; both fantastic beaches. The property is beautiful - it felt really great to relax by the pool among the lush trees and plants after a long day on the beach.

Barbara was a wonderful hostess who took great care of us in a way that was more like we were friends than transient guests. She made us feel very welcome and helped us will all kinds of great local guidance and advice. It is easy to say that Barbara made our visit to Santa Teresa fantastic.

Thank you very much Barbara for making our visit to Santa Teresa so great!

John and Tracey Van Hooser - SF, USA

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Dear Barbara and Itay. It was great to stay as your guests in Fuego Lodge. Thanks for the worm hospitality and for being s wonderful people. Your place is the perfect place to chill out.
Itay, I miss our laughs and talks. From now on, I will use only led lights :-)
See you soon

Room Tip: we couldn't decide if to stay in the apartment our in the pool studio. so... we stayed in each o...
1  Thank Effi_Dloomy
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This beautiful little apartment lodge is quietly situated a few minutes from the amazing beach Playa Santa Teresa. Location, freshness and the tastefulness of the wonderful lodge apartments is only exceeded by the warm caretaking of the owners Barbara and Etay. We came to stay for a few nights and ended up spending the better part of the month there.

The apartments are newly built, spacious and fully equipped meanwhile the smaller cabinas are the cozy alternative perfect for a couple or the smaller family. I was here with a friend and I'm pleased to say that it is perfect accommodation in all cases.

Fuego Lodge is a very good base camp for exploring the south!western Nicoya peninsula. Although it's walking distance to the beach and most amenities you will need means of transportation to get to and go about Santa Teresa since the whole town is built along one single dirt road and walking can set you back up to 40 minutes.

Be sure to enjoy the pool and just being taken care of!

Thank you Barbara and Etay, I will be back!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is my 3rd time staying at the Fuego Lodge, it is like vintage wine, it taste better and better with time. the rooms are so beautiful and clean, always hot water and water pressure (not easy to find in CR) and strong AC (January:).
For us the most important part of the stay was the atmosphere and spirit of the place, Barbara and Itay, the owners are always available, always kind and extremely helpful in organizing and recommending the best activities and local places.
Thank you so much, you are a hard working family and it shows - you rock, I can't wait to stay at your Fuego home next time we are in Santa Teresa.
Hugs and kisses to the girls.
Albert Bitton

Room Tip: Great Value, great pool, real mattresses, Clean Clean Clean :)
1  Thank albertbitton
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Barbara & Etay are terrific hosts - helpful, nice, mellow, funny. They booked me at virtually a moment's notice in one of the freestanding cabins. This was perfect - clean, huge, adjacent to the pristine pool. I would have stayed longer if I didn't have to go back to work.

When I was leaving, I had to rush to return my rental car and make the ferry. Without my asking, Barbara arranged for a taxi to meet me at the rental agency. She also called them to let them know I was on my way and that the taxi was coming, too. So thoughtful, so helpful.

Stephanie

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank lepamplemousse
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Fuego Lodge and were greeted with open arms. Barbara and Etay treated us like family, and provided the 5-star service. Great place to stay, appropriately priced, and good hospitality.

Thank you Barbara and Etay for letting Maria and I hangout. See you soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Couldn't have been any better! Want a clean cabin all to yourself with a hammock and an awesome bathroom!!!! This is the place!!Sick surf trip as always, and another sick place to stay!!! I will be back for sure!! Thanks Etay for all the surf knowledge!!
Mark p
LI, NY

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank TheTattookid
Fuego L, Owner/Manager at Fuego Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thanks so much for those nice comments..! :D
We enjoy very much meeting you and will be very happy to receive you again anytime.
Much regards and love for you and your girl,
Hope to see you again soon!!