I am assuming that if you are reading this review you already know what to expect or are looking for from Santa Teresa. We were looking for a place to relax, and surf, Santa Teresa was very good for that, and Fuego Lodge is very for good for Santa Teresa.
1) Barbara and Etay (the owners and managers) absolutely rule. Even before we arrived, Barbara would answer our emails with questions within 24 hours before we even arrived in Santa Teresa. When I broke a board surfing early in our stay, Etay took time out of his day and drove me around to various surf shops trying to sort out a replacement. Barbara arranged drivers and tours for our family and she did not make us feel like she was being put out by us. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. It's weird to talk first about the owners than the facility itself but they are simply that cool.
* There was a pool. And not a ghetto pool but a real nice pool, we used it more than I thought we would.
* There are very good outdoor showers that help you to keep your floors clean and sand out of your sheets when you come back from the beach or from walking on the dusty road.
* Air conditioning, which is nice when you're trying to sleep.
* Quiet. Even though we stayed in a unit where we shared a wall and had people living about us. We did not hear them.
*Very close to a grocery market so buying food and water was about as easy as it could be.
*Located close to the beach (10 min walk, maximum we kept telling ourselves to time the walk be we always forgot to)
*Good television set up, not that we used it much but it was nice when we wanted to.
*At least two decent surf shops on the way to the beach if you are renting boards it's literally on the way to the water.
*Cool town and F.L. is well located between places to eat and the beach.
* We'd stay here again, no problem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fuego lodge, is a family-owned business.We offer 6 units, One and Two-bedroom apartments, a Penthouse or Honeymooners Suite, and 3 Pool Front Suites for up to 4 persons each.All have AC, private bathroom with hot water, free Wi-Fi, Fridge, safe & Coffee Maker. Some also have kitchen and Satellite TV, phone, and daily cleaning service and fresh towels are included in all arrangements.We are located in Santa Teresa, about 1.5 miles from Mal Pais’ main cross road, inside a gated property, on a private and quiet location, off the street yet in the middle of everything, 5 minutes walk from groceries stores, bakery, pizza places, 7-8 restaurants, yoga centers, and with beach access only 500ft from here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Fuego Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuego Hotel Santa Teresa
- Fuego Lodge Costa Rica/Santa Teresa