Hotel Luz de Luna
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rumbo Surf Lodge(Santa Teresa)
Wave Trotter(Santa Teresa)
Manala Hotel(Santa Teresa)
View Hotel
Funky Monkey Lodge(Santa Teresa)
Milarepa(Santa Teresa)
View Hotel
Surf Vista Villas(Santa Teresa)
Playa Cielo(Santa Teresa)
View Hotel
All reviewsstayed nightssingle bedgrocery storebungalowbalconykitchentreesbeachsquirrelsteresasanta
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

We arrived and the accomodations were fine for $50 a night. We went to the beach and came back and noticed a lot of ants on the floor and in our suitcases. We followed them back to a bed frame where the was an infestation of large biting ants in the bed, an entire ant population. This is Costa Rica, in the jungle, but this was a mess. What followed was worse. We requested a change of rooms, but they were full. We stated we could not stay in this room and were told the only option was a different hotel. After we packed up and were leaving, the owners calls, yells at us and tells us we have to pay for at least three nights (the original reservation was 5 nights). We left almost in tears. Then we get an email saying we have to pay or the owner will submit our names to the police. We have traveled through Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Mexico and NEVER had anything like this happen. It was awful!! Never stay here!!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank KCKe08
christophe32, Propriétaire at Hotel Luz de Luna, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

We are sorry that you did not like your stay at our hotel but let me explain my version as you exageretad what s really happened.
You reserved a wooden bungalow for 5 nights, the day you arrived unfortunately i wasn t here. Anyway the same day the manager call me at 6pm and told me that you didn t want to stay because you saw some hunts closed to one bed. The manager immediately changed the bed sheets and clean the room, but you just went away without paying which is not fair as I refused other guests for you. I m really sorry about that but people has to understand that we are living in Costa Rica, a tropical country and even our effort to take bugs out the rooms, sometimes bug are stronger than us and still coming !
You may did not like our place for any personal reason which I can understand, but leaving the place without paying at least your 1st night, it s not very fair....
Hope you find the right place and you enjoyed Santa Teresa...
Pura Vida
Christophe

Reviewed April 4, 2012

I was looking for a place where i can be able to relax, feel at home, feel and be safe (im traveling by my self) and be able to go walking to a good surf spot and food places any time during the day...Luz de Luna not only offers me that, but also a beautiful silent place, sorrounded by gardens, birds and monkeys... The best surf spot in San Teresa is couple of hundred meters from the cabinas, good restaurants of diferent budgets are not too far... The rooms make me feel in a jungle cocoon, they simply gorgeus!!! I highly recomend this beautiful place where you will find your self in the right place...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We totally loved this place!! great location, lovely pool noce rooms amazing experience all the way!!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed December 30, 2011

It is close to the beach and has a tiny pool, which is nice. Part of the walls are not enclosed but have netting so it can be very noisy and you can hear your neighbors. It was only 70 a night and our room came with a queen and a single bed. It is a good value if you dont mind an open air room.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank kingpowder76
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I cannot say enough about Oscar, the caretaker who was there while my family and I stayed here last summer. My father had a knee infection and ultimately had to take an emergency flight home. Oscar was instrumental in us finding local clinics, affordable taxis, and making the ferry back to San Jose in time.

That being said, these rooms were great for a family traveling on a budget. I was a little surprised to pass by two-story homes of local Ticos on the same road to get to the "Hotel", but the rooms were affordable, had basic kitchen utilities, and access to a pool. The beach, restaurants, surf shops, and grocery store were all a very short walk away. I also liked that there were hammocks, free wifi, and a book exchange library. We were the only people staying at this facility so it was peaceful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family