My friend and I found out about Shaka Surf Camp when searching online for surf camps in Costa Rica. We are so glad we went with Shaka because it ended up being the most amazing vacation I've been on! The owners of the camp did an amazing job of putting my mind at ease prior to coming to the camp by answering any questions I had in a very timely manner. We decided to take the small plane from San Jose to Tambor and we really enjoyed the experience and the view from the little plane. When we arrived at the camp, the staff and owners were so nice and welcoming. The cabins we stayed in were very clean and well kept.
The beach is beautiful and just a short walk from the camp. It was a great place to learn how to surf and the surf instructors were very patient and knowledgeable! On our last day, we rented a quad for the day and drove to Montezuma to go on a canopy tour. It was quite the adventure, and I felt very safe cruising around the peninsula on the quad.
Overall, it was an amazing experience and the best trip I’ve ever been on!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 5 minutes North of Mal Pais and Santa Teresa, is the highly desirable neighbourhood of "Playa Hermosa." Shaka Beach Retreat is a jungle haven offering private villas nestled amongst the tropical surroundings. A short walk leads to one of the most beautiful quiet beaches in the heart of Hermosa's "Surf Zone". Perfect for swimming, relaxing on the sand, and surfing of all levels. Join us for our popular Surf and Yoga packages to experience a true piece of paradise! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shaka Beach Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Shaka Surf Camp Hotel
- Shaka Surf Camp Santa Teresa
- Shaka Beach Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa