We didn't stay on the property but we took 3 days of surf lessons from the team at Shaka (Mike, Chris, Max). Their instruction was outstanding. They successfully took me and my sons from "beginner" level to the point where we could paddle out for the larger waves.
I highly recommend the team at Shaka for surf lessons
Oh, and by the way, the beach (Playa Hermosa) is phenomenal. Not only is it beautiful but the waves provide enough variety to satisfy the beginner and the advanced surfer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 5 minutes North of Mal Pais and Santa Teresa, is the highly desirable upscale neighborhood of "Playa Hermosa." Shaka Beach Retreat is a private haven offering an alluring example of modern tropical architecture, nestled in the tropical jungle surroundings, home to monkeys, birds, and fruit trees. A short walk leads to one of the most beautiful quiet beaches the country has to offer. Perfect for swimming, relaxing on the sand, and all levels of surfers. Join us for our popular Surf and Yoga Retreats, offered year round. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shaka Beach Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Shaka Surf Camp Hotel
- Shaka Surf Camp Santa Teresa
- Shaka Beach Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa