I have been here twice and will be back next year. Second trip was to bring a group of young adults from Ireland, some of whom have disablities and were there to experience the incredible work that is done here at Shaka on one of their projects Ocean Healing Group. Not only were the OHG fantastic to work with, but all at Shaka gave their utmost to make us feel at home and make this an experience never to be forgotten. The staff went above and beyond when I had a fall outside of the property and broke my leg. If ever I was going to hurt myself again somewhere in the world, I hope to have people around me like Frank, Grant, Megan, Larry and Chris from Shaka who took extraordinary care of me in getting me to hospital. Everything about this place is great. Surf, yoga, food, accommodation and fun, lots of it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 5 minutes North of Mal Pais and Santa Teresa, is the highly desirable neighbourhood of "Playa Hermosa." Shaka Beach Retreat is a jungle haven offering private villas nestled amongst the tropical surroundings. A short walk leads to one of the most beautiful quiet beaches in the heart of Hermosa's "Surf Zone". Perfect for swimming, relaxing on the sand, and surfing of all levels. Join us for our popular Surf and Yoga packages to experience a true piece of paradise! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shaka Beach Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Shaka Surf Camp Hotel
- Shaka Surf Camp Santa Teresa
- Shaka Beach Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa