Fortunately, as soon as I left San Jose my Costa Rican dream was realised and I had one of the best vacations of my life. I was looking for a place to do some surfing and learn about life in Costa Rica - that's what I found at Shaka! Here's a list of my main pro's:
1) All staff is great - helpful and nice. You feel like a part of the family and you're treated as such.
2) Mo'e is the best surfing instructor I have met to date - you can improve your surfing no matter what level you are and he will make sure you do so! Thanks Mo'e!! (my 6'2 is working out great)
3) Megan as Shaka's yoga instructor is purely awesome! Classes are great for any level and she will make sure to accommodate for special wishes or needs
4) The beach is very close + for breakfast you can watch the monkeys messing around in the trees surrounding the Retreat
Special thanks to Mo'e, Krista, Megan, Pinta, Paco and all the other people/furry things that I met along the way. They have become my good friends and I will certainly be back to that special place called Shaka!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 5 minutes North of Mal Pais and Santa Teresa, is the highly desirable neighbourhood of "Playa Hermosa." Shaka Beach Retreat is a jungle haven offering private villas nestled amongst the tropical surroundings. A short walk leads to one of the most beautiful quiet beaches in the heart of Hermosa's "Surf Zone". Perfect for swimming, relaxing on the sand, and surfing of all levels. Join us for our popular Surf and Yoga packages to experience a true piece of paradise! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shaka Beach Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Shaka Surf Camp Hotel
- Shaka Surf Camp Santa Teresa
- Shaka Beach Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa