I only had a week at Shaka, and it should have been more. The trip in from the airport is an adventure and a great way to let go being connected 24.7.365. Shaka has comfortable accommodations, my room had AC - loved it!
The food was simple and cooked with love. I ate it all after working up an appetite on working on some yoga. The instructor obviously had been teaching for a while and could instruct a variety of levels at one time. The surf instructors were so patient! and with me, they needed to me. But Atua is my hero, he should go pro.
I rarely go back to a place I've been to as there are so many rock yet unturned. However, I hear they just built a yoga platform that I may just have to trek back for one of these days.
Don't go if you want a big party or night life, or to be entertained. But if you can find enjoyment meeting new people, are willing to take a local beer and star counting for a try, it's worth the effort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 5 minutes North of Mal Pais and Santa Teresa, is the highly desirable neighbourhood of "Playa Hermosa." Shaka Beach Retreat is a jungle haven offering private villas nestled amongst the tropical surroundings. A short walk leads to one of the most beautiful quiet beaches in the heart of Hermosa's "Surf Zone". Perfect for swimming, relaxing on the sand, and surfing of all levels. Join us for our popular Surf and Yoga packages to experience a true piece of paradise! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shaka Beach Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Shaka Surf Camp Hotel
- Shaka Surf Camp Santa Teresa
- Shaka Beach Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa