We spent a week here with friends and family. The accomodations were modern and wonderful! This is a very laid back experience...just what we wanted! All the staff, from the cook to the surf instructors (Jerry you rock) were friendly and so accomodating! They really treated us like friends and family! The location could not have been better! AND I learned to surf (to my totaly amazement!)... Hard to come home...we could have just stayed....
One other plus...at this time of year there are virtually NO BUGS!! The flip side to that is that it is very dry and lots of dust...but that didnt bother us too much!
The only negative is the beds...the matresses are very uncomfortable...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 5 minutes North of Mal Pais and Santa Teresa, is the highly desirable neighbourhood of "Playa Hermosa." Shaka Beach Retreat is a jungle haven offering private villas nestled amongst the tropical surroundings. A short walk leads to one of the most beautiful quiet beaches in the heart of Hermosa's "Surf Zone". Perfect for swimming, relaxing on the sand, and surfing of all levels. Join us for our popular Surf and Yoga packages to experience a true piece of paradise! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Shaka Beach Retreat Hotel Santa Teresa
- Shaka Surf Camp Hotel
- Shaka Surf Camp Santa Teresa
- Shaka Beach Retreat Costa Rica/Santa Teresa