“Pura Vida!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Shaka Beach Retreat
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We spent a week here with friends and family. The accomodations were modern and wonderful! This is a very laid back experience...just what we wanted! All the staff, from the cook to the surf instructors (Jerry you rock) were friendly and so accomodating! They really treated us like friends and family! The location could not have been better! AND I learned to surf (to my totaly amazement!)... Hard to come home...we could have just stayed....
One other plus...at this time of year there are virtually NO BUGS!! The flip side to that is that it is very dry and lots of dust...but that didnt bother us too much!
The only negative is the beds...the matresses are very uncomfortable...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank provencegirl
There are newer reviews for Shaka Beach Retreat

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Shaka is an awesome place not just because of the location on Hermosa beach, the amazing property and service but also because of the people we met there. First of all, the "ranch" as it is affectionately known, is a great home base for chilling, learning surfing and just generally hanging out. The short walk from the ranch to hermosa beach presents one of the most beautiful beach fronts in the area that isn't as busy as the main drag in santa teresa. Finally, meeting Jerry was a godsend as he had the inside track on all things santa teresa including restaurants, bars, and things to do (ATVing to Montezuma?!) and was more than willing to hang out with us and drive us around to the hot spots for the evening. Oh yeah, Jerry also happens to be an awesome surf instructor who has been riding waves for over 20 years! Overall - a great place to stay and great experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Paul B
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I've just spent two weeks at Shaka and it was very difficult to leave. I have fallin in LOVE and will be back soon! All of Shaka Camp's staff were friendly and helpful, the surf instructors are very skilled and patient.The accomodations provided a safe and comfortable stay, which allowed me to sleep like a baby every night. A short walk and you have arrived to Playa Hermosa. This beach has got to be one of the most spectacular in all of Costa Rica, amazing sunsets, long stretch of sandy beach, great surf and the backdrop of a beautiful rainforest. This is the pure life!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Alisha524
Reviewed November 23, 2012

In November of this year, my husband, myself and our two youngest daughters were blessed with the opportunity to stay at Shaka. We cannot say enough great things about Shaka. The staff was amazing, the food was great, the views breathtaking and the rooms were just wonderful. The rooms were so clean and one of the best parts, they were wheelchair accessible which was a big plus for us. From the surfing, ziplining and ATV rides with the kids, to the romantic strolls on the Beach with my husband, our experience at Shaka was one of the most incredibly spectacular vacations we have ever had. The staff, the beach and the accommodations left us feeling refreshed and renewed and we are forever grateful. Whether your looking for a family environment or a romantic one, Shaka should be your first choice. They made us feel like family. We will visit beautiful Costa Rica again soon and Shaka will be the place!

2  Thank Tamara H
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife, my son, and I spent seven days at Shaka. Absolutely the best place I've ever stayed. Great staff, clean rooms with every necessary amenity, and the perfect setting to be treated like you're on vacation, but still feel right at home. Next trip and every trip to Costa Rica will be at Shaka. No need for a pool the the ocean is just seconds away, and who needs a gym when theres surf. Thanks for everything!

2  Thank David E
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My family and I spent one of the most amazing weeks of our lives at Shaka this month. The property is in a spectacular location. The facilities are extremely nice and clean, and the people and the food were fantastic. We felt right at home, and had so much fun we didn't want to return to our actual home!

1  Thank jenXphotography
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our stay at Shaka was our first time to Costa Rica. We fell in love with the Country and Shaka. The rooms are perfect, beds very comfortable. the staff is wonderful, they make you feel at home. Perfect location, the beach is beautiful! I have never surfed before, and was very scared actually. The instructor helped me get over my fear and got me up on the board. Never thought I would ever even try! The food was amazing! We would love to come back with our friends, but would also love to come back and bring our kids. They have the best for both worlds there.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family