“Pura Vida”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Shaka Beach Retreat
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Denver, Colorado
“Pura Vida”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I've just spent two weeks at Shaka and it was very difficult to leave. I have fallin in LOVE and will be back soon! All of Shaka Camp's staff were friendly and helpful, the surf instructors are very skilled and patient.The accomodations provided a safe and comfortable stay, which allowed me to sleep like a baby every night. A short walk and you have arrived to Playa Hermosa. This beach has got to be one of the most spectacular in all of Costa Rica, amazing sunsets, long stretch of sandy beach, great surf and the backdrop of a beautiful rainforest. This is the pure life!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Alisha524

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Huntington Beach, California, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2012

In November of this year, my husband, myself and our two youngest daughters were blessed with the opportunity to stay at Shaka. We cannot say enough great things about Shaka. The staff was amazing, the food was great, the views breathtaking and the rooms were just wonderful. The rooms were so clean and one of the best parts, they were wheelchair accessible which was a big plus for us. From the surfing, ziplining and ATV rides with the kids, to the romantic strolls on the Beach with my husband, our experience at Shaka was one of the most incredibly spectacular vacations we have ever had. The staff, the beach and the accommodations left us feeling refreshed and renewed and we are forever grateful. Whether your looking for a family environment or a romantic one, Shaka should be your first choice. They made us feel like family. We will visit beautiful Costa Rica again soon and Shaka will be the place!

2 Thank Tamara H
Frisco, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife, my son, and I spent seven days at Shaka. Absolutely the best place I've ever stayed. Great staff, clean rooms with every necessary amenity, and the perfect setting to be treated like you're on vacation, but still feel right at home. Next trip and every trip to Costa Rica will be at Shaka. No need for a pool the the ocean is just seconds away, and who needs a gym when theres surf. Thanks for everything!

2 Thank David E
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My family and I spent one of the most amazing weeks of our lives at Shaka this month. The property is in a spectacular location. The facilities are extremely nice and clean, and the people and the food were fantastic. We felt right at home, and had so much fun we didn't want to return to our actual home!

1 Thank jenXphotography
Fruita, Colorado
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our stay at Shaka was our first time to Costa Rica. We fell in love with the Country and Shaka. The rooms are perfect, beds very comfortable. the staff is wonderful, they make you feel at home. Perfect location, the beach is beautiful! I have never surfed before, and was very scared actually. The instructor helped me get over my fear and got me up on the board. Never thought I would ever even try! The food was amazing! We would love to come back with our friends, but would also love to come back and bring our kids. They have the best for both worlds there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ninadehart
Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was fortunate enought to spend the best week of my life at Shaka Beach Retreat earlier this year. Our family tavelled from Australia and instantly feel in love with Shaka, we dream of returning one day. The facilities are of an extreamly high standard. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and well maintained. The staff were able to meet our every need, they assisted us organise a host of activities such as horse riding, zip lining, surfing, snorkelling and quad bike hire. The food was delicous and the atmosphere at Shaka allowed us to experience the Pura Vida lifestyle every moment we were there. Awesome waves in warm water only a short walk from your cabina were definatley a high light and the fact Shaka is wheelchair accessable. If you are headed to this part of the world you would be crazy not to cheeck it out

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kylie3280
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I loved visiting Shaka and would recommend it to anyone visiting Costa Rica. The beach retreat is in the perfect location and the staff helped to make my trip there even more perfect, from the rooms to the food, to the accommodations.. Everything was amazing!

• Stayed December 2011