WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Perfect place to experience the "local" life” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shaka Beach Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Shaka Beach Retreat
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Frisco, Texas, United States
“Perfect place to experience the "local" life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife, my son, and I spent seven days at Shaka. Absolutely the best place I've ever stayed. Great staff, clean rooms with every necessary amenity, and the perfect setting to be treated like you're on vacation, but still feel right at home. Next trip and every trip to Costa Rica will be at Shaka. No need for a pool the the ocean is just seconds away, and who needs a gym when theres surf. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank David E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

My family and I spent one of the most amazing weeks of our lives at Shaka this month. The property is in a spectacular location. The facilities are extremely nice and clean, and the people and the food were fantastic. We felt right at home, and had so much fun we didn't want to return to our actual home!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jenXphotography
Fruita, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Our stay at Shaka was our first time to Costa Rica. We fell in love with the Country and Shaka. The rooms are perfect, beds very comfortable. the staff is wonderful, they make you feel at home. Perfect location, the beach is beautiful! I have never surfed before, and was very scared actually. The instructor helped me get over my fear and got me up on the board. Never thought I would ever even try! The food was amazing! We would love to come back with our friends, but would also love to come back and bring our kids. They have the best for both worlds there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ninadehart
Warrnambool, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was fortunate enought to spend the best week of my life at Shaka Beach Retreat earlier this year. Our family tavelled from Australia and instantly feel in love with Shaka, we dream of returning one day. The facilities are of an extreamly high standard. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and well maintained. The staff were able to meet our every need, they assisted us organise a host of activities such as horse riding, zip lining, surfing, snorkelling and quad bike hire. The food was delicous and the atmosphere at Shaka allowed us to experience the Pura Vida lifestyle every moment we were there. Awesome waves in warm water only a short walk from your cabina were definatley a high light and the fact Shaka is wheelchair accessable. If you are headed to this part of the world you would be crazy not to cheeck it out

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kylie3280
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

I loved visiting Shaka and would recommend it to anyone visiting Costa Rica. The beach retreat is in the perfect location and the staff helped to make my trip there even more perfect, from the rooms to the food, to the accommodations.. Everything was amazing!

• Stayed December 2011
Huntington Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Shaka Surf Retreat is one of the best finds in Costa Rica! :) The camp is like it's own little paradise and the people everywhere are heavenly! I have stayed there three times and each time my expectations have been surpassed by the quality of care and beautiful accomidations. I would not even think of hessitating in booking my trip to this wonderful place!! :)
David King

Room Tip: Just book it!! :)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Aspen, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

The staff and level of service were amazing! The food was delicious and the rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. I've been to Shaka twice and I'm already planning my next trip.

This is absolutely one of the most beautiful and majestic beach's I've been to. I had never surfed before, so I was slightly apprehensive, but the surf lessons were perfect...I even stood up on my first wave!

There are so many activities to choose from, if you want to stay busy, or you can just relax and take in the scenery while reading a good book. It's everything you could want for a dream vacation...and the sunsets will take your breath away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas
The Red Palm Villas
The Red Palm Villas
#18 of 26 in Santa Teresa

Been to Shaka Beach Retreat? Share your experiences!