“SHAKA BEACH RETREAT = WOW!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Shaka Beach Retreat
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I keep coming back to Shaka as often as possible. Santa Teresa is THE spot in Costa Rica and Shaka Beach Retreat is where you must stay. The surf is wonderful, the beach is amazing, the camp is brand new and the people are super sweet.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jason m
There are newer reviews for Shaka Beach Retreat

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Having the pleasure of experiencing a trip of a lifetime. My son and I experienced Shaka surf retreat . Being able to walk to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world! The accommodations are 5 star- the rooms are perfectly decorated with warm and cool costa rican style. The lush landscape and the relaxing atmosphere. The surfers are professional and very entertaining. It,s a fun relaxing exotic and overwhelming experience. I hope to return someday.

Room Tip: The cabinas are equally nice
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I found this resort online and was hopeful it would live up to the glowing reviews. It exceeded them.

I was given excellent instructions as to how to get to the camp. Once I arrived, I was filled in on the schedule of daily events.

What separates Shaka from any old resort touting surf lessons, is that the owners and the staff are all long term surfers. They all share a genuine love for the ocean and really like passing on their knowledge of surf conditions at their beach, and surfing in general.

The food was excellent, all very healthy. I think I lost about 10 pounds over the week I was there from proper diet and exercise.

The hammocks and layout of the camp really give you a feel for what the surf dream really looks like.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jack E
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We traveled with a group of friends to this spot in paradise and have booked our return trip already.
The amount of fun and excitement is amazing. You choose your level of adventure and make the day YOURS .
Great surfing even for the beginners , beautiful waves all year round.
Thanks for a super Costa Rican vacation.

Room Tip: All room are excellent many monkeys climb on the trees above the resort.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My son and I went to Shaka with the Ocean Healing Group. Amazing place to stay. Beautiful!!! Would love to go there with my whole family. The beach is in walking distance, the people are friendly there. Would be extremely romantic for a couple.... but also a great place for the whole family. Extremely clean!!! Breathtaking.

It is handicap accessible and has WiFi. It would not be crowded if you visit Shaka. You would have privacy and feel like you are at your home away from home.

I am from America. I have traveled to Asia and Europe and throughout the United States. My son and I would love to visit Shaka again one day. We are very picky with where we stay and would highly recommend Shaka Beach Retreat!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Shaka Surf Camp for 7 days. It was so difficult to leave. Saying goodbye to the camp brought tears to my eyes. We wanted to stay forever.
What an amazing experience. Life changing actually.
The camp is so peaceful and fun. We met life long friends while at Shaka. Hanging out at meals, enjoying conversation, listening to music and stories. We call it "adult camp".
I can't say enough about Chris. His unique techniques for surfing made the biggest difference. He is so incredibly patient. He pushes you to believe in yourself and not to take yourself too seriously. His sense of humor and fun is contagious. You can't help but to love surfing. I am addicted.
The service at Shaka was 6 stars! There is a few fancy five star resorts in Santa Teresa, however I would guarantee you will not find more personalized service. The meals are fanastic. The staff is incredible. You are treated as family, not as a guest.
The rooms are simple, but extremely clean and comfortable.
We are already planning our return trip. If I could go back tomorrow, I would.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Sbates313
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We came for a planned 7 days but stayed for 3 weeks. The surf lessons are put on by real surf veterans. The whole place has a real family atmosphere. We met some great friends during our stay. The beach in the area is the best around. I would recommend this place to anyone who likes to have a good time.

• Stayed: June 2012