Manala Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$133
Nautilus Boutique Hotel(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$117
$102
$184
Hotel Tropico Latino(Santa Teresa)
$145
$131
Villas Solar(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$70
Fuego Lodge(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$99
Canaima Chill House(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$89
$86
Orbitz.com
Casa MarBella(Santa Teresa)(Great Value!)
$84
$74
Blue Surf Sanctuary(Santa Teresa)
$110
Florblanca Resort(Santa Teresa)
$388
All reviewsan oasiscosta ricatwo storythe main roadrooms were very cleannice balconyincluded breakfastrooms are amazingfirst flooryoga roomsuper marketa great place to staysurf shopminute walk to the beachvisit santaceiling fancleaned daily
Reviewed February 2, 2011

I have only good things to say about this place. The rooms are great, everything is incredibly clean, the owners are super nice, the location is excellent. I recommend it to anyone heading that way.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2011

My friend and I (2 females in our late 20's) stayed at Otro Lado Lodge for 1 week over New Year's Eve. The location is great - right in the centre of Santa Teresa and directly across the street from the beach. We were immediately welcomed by the Italian couple who owns and runs the hotel. They assisted us with our bags and we were settled into our room in no time. The rooms are modern, clean, with a private balcony that overlooks the beautiful courtyard and swimming pool. There is a small restaurant that offers breakfast and lunch for a decent price and all meals are cooked by the owner and one other lady - They offer great salads, sandwiches and home made Italian pastas. The hotel has a very homey and intimate feeling and I would recommend it to anyone... couples, lone travelers or friends.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2011

I really can't say enough about this place! After staying there a week and checking out other places... I have to say... there is no other place than Otro Lado Lodge!

The Owners/Staff
The owners are a young and hip Italian couple who adore their guests and treat them like family. Baggi and Nico were simply amazing hosts and you can tell that they enjoy taking care of their guests. They are always willing to help you with any questions or suggestions for side trips and restaurants. AND they are always around...

The Grounds
Simply beautiful and lush and very well thought out. They have an amazing pool with an outdoor shower and hammocks. The centre of this lodge is a large outdoor communal area where we all eat, watch tv, play cards and chill. By the way, hope you love pets because their three cats and dog are super friendly!

The Room
My room was brand new. Very modern with a sleek bathroom and a fantastic shower. It was cleaned everyday! I really enjoyed the spacious balcony. It was a phenomenal homebase.

The Food/Restaurant
This was the highlight of staying there! They offer gourmet style breakfast and lunch. My breakfast always consisted of fresh coffee, freshly pressed OJ, a bowl of bountiful fresh local fruit with yogurt and granola. Eggs any way with either crepes or pancakes! A true breakfast of Champions!

Now lunch was a different story... SPECTACULAR homemade pastas and sauces to die for. Freshly made foccacia everyday. Local fresh fish and meats! I was in heaven! I looked forward to eating at Otro Lado every minute of the day!

The Location
The lodge is right across the street from the beach and short walk through a pathway. It would take you 5 minutes to walk it! That's it!

All in all, Otro Lado really made my vacation! I met so many great people at this Lodge. Even the owners can't believe how many amazing guests they attract.

Hoping to go back in the near future!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2011

I had a wonderful stay at Otro Lado...a very beautiful, relaxing and welcoming place. Niko & Baggia were so kind to me and looked out for me the whole time. Had such a fun time and met some great people! And the food is spectacular!!! Amazing trip and I highly recommend to anyone!! Very special place. Thank you!!! Melissa

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2010

We got to Otro Lado at the bigenning of our vacation and we have been wellcome very nicely and friendly by nico and selvaggia, the owners, an italian couple who manage very well and with a lot of passion their self thought resort.
Resort is recent and very well thought: lodges are located around the pool, very well equipped, A/C, kitchen, porch, 2nd floor balcony, private garden and hammock!
Service is very well, always available, kindly and with the right touch of familiarity.
Food is delicious: you can find the best of mediterranean cusine and sometimes fusion specials!
Position: not on the beach, far from 100mt; We have personally very appreciated because it is not directly on the main road: silent and privacy are guaranteed! Very well sleep!!!
we loved so much our stay at otrolado that we came back at the end of our tour of Costa Rica; we wanted to feel like we were at home!
Bravi!