All reviews an oasis costa rica the main road two story rooms were very clean nice balcony included breakfast rooms are amazing first floor yoga room definitely stay here again super market a great place to stay surf shop ceiling fan cleaned daily restaurant recommendations
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Just left Otro Lado and missing it already! The grounds and rooms are clean and cared for well with simple, natural beauty. Yummy food and the staff is relaxed, helpful and kind. Hope to return again, thank you SO much having me : )
-Randi

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2018

This was our penultimate stop during our travel across Costa Rica and if we could've cancelled our final hotel and spent all of our remaining days here we would have done! Tucked away down a little gravel track you wouldn't know the Otro Lado was there, but then you suddenly find yourself in the lush tranquility of the cleverly designed grounds. This is only a small complex but the layout of the rooms make it feel like the whole place is yours. The grounds are stunning and very well maintained. The pool was very clean and perfect for cooling off or lounging around on the beanbags or sunbeds on the side.
The food was excellent, freshly prepared and cooked to order on site.
The staff were very friendly and knowledgable and topped off an excellent experience.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2018

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights in Otro Lado and I am glad we did. The hotel grounds are beautiful and well maintained. the room is super clean and toiletries were available in the bathroom. We had a second floor room, very private and overlooks the lush grounds. Breakfast is served daily al-cart and include fresh fruits and eggs. The owners are lovely, friendly and knowledgeable of the area. The hotel is very close to the supermarket and other restaurants near by. the beach is a mere 5 minute walk. The best part of the hotel is that it is situated well off the main street which can become unbearably dusty in the dry season. The cats and the dog are super friendly. All in all we enjoyed our stay there very much and would highly recommended for stay in st. Teresa.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank masstika
Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

Otro Lado is an oasis within the small town of Santa Teresa. The hotel grounds, the rooms and the pool are well maintained and super clean. We stayed here for almost 4 weeks. Selvaggia and the whole team are lovely hosts which put all their heart in building this place as well as in making your stay special. The team of Otro Lado also includes a dog and 3 cats, which are super friendly and learned not to disturb the guests, however occassional cuddles are very welcomed ;) Our stay included breakfast, which consists of a menu where you can choose from (e.g., granola fruit bowl, ham and cheese croissant or crepes or eggs). Originally we booked a simple room but were upgraded for free to 'the house' as we were travelling with another couple. The house is on the first floor above the yoga room and consists of 2 bedrooms which an own bathroom each, a small hitches as well as an outside living area. This was just perfect for us as 2 couples. We also stayed one night in one of the villas, which consist of 2 floors (groundfloor has a lining room, bathroom and kitchen and first floor has a bedroom and a bathroom). The villas are located around the pool (4 villas) while 'the house' and the apartments are a bit on the side. Otro Lado is located in north Santa Teresa, a super market as well as several restaurants are within walking distance. However I would recommend coming there with a car, as the town spreads along it's main road across several kilometres (the ATM is a 25mins walk away, or a 5mins car ride). We would always come back to Otro Lado and I can strongly recommend this beautiful place to everyone!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

Having travelled through Costa Rica for one month, I would say that this is my favorite spot. I am glad I spent 7 days here. Santa Teresa is fantastic and Otro Lado Lodge is a gem (at a great price). Spotless room, nice little balcony, great bed, very nice breakfast and great local knowledge for restaurants and surfing. Bike rental just next door. Very nice italian owners. I dont do yoga, but others seemed to like it. I miss this place and hope that I will come back some day.

Trip type: Traveled solo