“Yoga and zen ”

Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Santa Teresa
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I was a bit disappointed by the size of the hotel. Very small with rooms everywhere. It felt odd to walk into this hotel. It is very well kept, but all the decor is about yoga, zen with buda statues etc. Great if you are into that. For me, it was a bit too much. Stayed in Santa Teresa because I booked this hotel. The beach is beautiful, but the hotel is not on the beach.
The town is great for surfers, other than that, I don't know who else would want to stay here when there are other beaches that are more accessible. There is a long stretch of a very bumpy road that is probably only accessible by 4 x 4 vehicles when it rains.
The owners seemed just ok. I thought they were very vigilant. Breakfast was good.
I would not come here for the hotel. For the price, there are hotels right on the beach.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tania S
There are newer reviews for Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant

Reviewed July 27, 2014

I booked my stay at Otro Lado based solely on TripAdvisor reviews, and I wasn't let down. As others have said, the rooms are basic, but they're tastefully done and very clean. The only negative thing I can say is that the beds were a bit hard, but other than that the room was great. The shower was wonderful; great water pressure with plenty of hot water. It was very refreshing after a long day at the beach and in the sun. Breakfast was excellent and included. Whenever I've stayed at hotels with free breakfast, it tends to be standard without much variety. I wasn't expecting the breakfast options at Otro Lado (eggs, toast, fruit; nutella crepe; pancakes; etc.). The location of Otro Lado was great. I wasn't sure going into the trip how close it would be to restaurants, grocery stores, etc., but they're all within walking distance. Throughout our stay, we rented and ATV to drive around town and also between several beaches. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, especially Selvaggia and Mateo. Prior to our trip, I emailed the hotel with several questions, and Selvaggia always answered within just a few hours with helpful information. I will definitely stay at Otro Lado when I return to Santa Teresa.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 27, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Clean!! Beautiful!! Friendly!! Affordable!! I had no idea what to expect and this place exceeded my expectations! Located so close to beach and town. The owners are pleasant and super helpful! Décor is beautifully simple and tastefully done. The pool is pristine. Breakfast is included and is delicious! The bungalow had everything we needed and grocery was a short walk and bungalow was cleaned daily. Felt very safe with my children there. Santa Teresa is a beautiful place with beautiful people. Most of the other guests were return guests and I now know why. I highly recommend Otro Lado Lodge and would return in a heartbeat. Thank you for the wonderful stay!

Room Tip: bungalow upstairs had a/c, downstairs fan
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Loveblissyoga
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We just returned from a week in Santa Teresa and want to go back! And we'd definitely stay at Otro Lado again! The rooms are great - we stayed in a villa, which was clean and spacious. Cooked some fresh caught red snapper there for dinner using our kitchen one night. The pool was perfect, and the greenery and flowers surrounding the pool and rooms is very well designed - it made us feel like we were in our own little tropical world. The staff were so helpful and friendly, from Selvaggia and Nicoletta to the ladies that kept our rooms clean and given fresh towels daily. It was great to see them all work happily together like a family and treat each other like so - made us feel even better to be there. We've stayed in several hotels during many trips to Costa Rica, and this one is at the top of our list!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dallas-decko
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Every person we interacted with at Otro Lado was extremely kind, fun, and helpful. The food was very yummy and the breakfast options (lots to choose from!) we're always fresh and tasty.
The rooms are spacious and clean. Right by beach access

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emmi B
Reviewed June 9, 2014

we stayed 5 nights at Otro Lado and we were very happy with our choice. in the first room first day water started to leak through the bathroom light, but we were moved quickly to a top floor room (which we preferred as it had a nice balcony & the door was much easier to open - the first room the patio doors were fiddly to open & close). the rooms are very nice & comfortable. good shower in the bathrooms. nice swimming pool and great food in the restaurant. good breakfasts included in the rate.

Room Tip: we liked the upstairs room, but they are all very similar, so it depends if you prefer a balcony or...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple