All reviews an oasis costa rica the main road two story rooms were very clean nice balcony included breakfast rooms are amazing first floor yoga room definitely stay here again super market a great place to stay surf shop ceiling fan cleaned daily restaurant recommendations
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I stay in this hotel for 4 nights and the long loud chanting, twice a day, 1 hour per session, really ruin my stay there. The first day I thought those repetitive sounds were coming from outside but after checking I figure out, it was the owner herself doing some louds chanting outside her place. I m not against yoga chanting but I think the minimum you can do to respect your guests is to do it inside your house as for me it get my nerves after 40 min of repetitive sounds..I just want to inform the other travellers about this weird concern, better to know it in advance !! Otherwise the hotel itself is not bad, nice pool, rooms confortable, but at night I thought I will be in a quiet area and not be forced to hear those loud noises...

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lilly1234562013
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I definitely recommend this beautiful hotel to anyone traveling to the Santa Teresa/ Mal Pais area. We stayed for two nights in a two story villa, and absolutely loved our experience. The room was clean, well decorated, and filled with great amenities- A/C, outdoor shower, multiple hammocks, full size fridge, and more! The surrounding gardens and pool were spectacular and provided us with just enough privacy from the other guests. The service was good and very friendly. Location was perfect - just across the street from a beach entrance and a few meters from a great beach burger restaurant. We had a car but were able to walk to many different restaurants and shops (we even rented surf boards on the way to the beach!). Don't miss out on the opportunity to stay here!

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was our first experience we had in Costa Rica and it blew us away. The two story villa had everything you needed and more for a perfect beach getaway. The bedroom had a/c, the kitchen had a coffee maker, full fridge, and dishes, the downstairs bathroom had an outdoor shower which we thought was the coolest, and the pool was a refreshing relief from the salty Pacific. The service was very good and friendly. The breakfast in the morning was not great and not being able to flush toilet paper was kind of disgusting but the positives definitely outweighed the negatives. I would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel is small and located in Santa Teresa, almost in front of one of the beach entrances. Stayed for 3 nights, arrived really late which was no problem as the night guard was expecting us and led us fast to our room. We stayed at room 6 which was clean and had a very comfy king bed an air conditioner and a ceiling fan. Bathroom and decor are all very zen and invite you to economize water which I found great. The room had a couple of chairs outside to chat and enjoy the ambiance. The included breakfast was simple but tasty and fresh. The whole hotel has a very calm spirit, is close enough to the beach and main street so you can walk there but not so close that you will hear the noise from cars. Parking is behind the hotel so you need to go back to the previous entrance if you go and try the signed entrance. I found it safe, and close enough to our room. Pool is great if you take into account the beach is more for surfing than swimming. The yoga room has a daily schedule and looked very nice although we did not use it. The hotel has some cats and a dog as pets that we found very amicable and enjoyable. We saw them only during the breakfast and were in no way a nuisance. They do no have TV on each room but with so much to see and do you won't miss it. They take credit cards as payment (something not so common in Santa Teresa).

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We loved Otro Lado! We felt like we were in a different world after walking off the dirt road and up the drive. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, they make great suggestions on where to eat if you're planning to try different restaurants in town. The room was very clean and spacious. Having a pool out our front door was great in the heat. We would highly recommend it to everyone. If we travel back to Santa Teresa we would stay there.

Room tip: Lodge 4 - it treated us well.
Date of stay: May 2013