We had the pleasure of staying at Otro Lado for four nights and absolutely loved it! The hotel is conveniently located across the street from the beach but is nestled away from the noise and traffic of Santa Teresa's main road so you feel like you're walking into a private oasis when you enter the driveway. Our room was spacious and bright with a private balcony that had a table and chairs that overlooked the pool area. The furniture and decor throughout the hotel are simple but extremely inviting. The housekeeping at the hotel is exceptional- the rooms and common areas are all very well maintained and the cleaning products that they use smell fresh and florally, instead of like chemicals. Despite all of the dust and sand we tracked in from walking around all day, housekeeping miraculously managed to keep our room spotless for the duration of our stay. The pool area and garden are very relaxing and were great to come home to- we usually went to the beach during the day and then lounged by the pool at night. We loved the healthy breakfast each morning- our favorite was the fruit and granola with the tropical fruit juice. For lunch, you have to try the gazpacho.
Although we loved the hotel itself, what truly made our stay special was the people of Otro Lado. Nico, Baggi, Elena, Maria, etc. were all fantastic from start to finish. During our first phone call with Elena we were greeted with a warm and friendly voice that was eager to help us arrange plans for our trip. Nico kindly arranged our airport transportation (which was flawless), gave us excellent restaurant recommendations each night, and suggested fun trips for us each day. Baggi was exceptional at anticipating our needs and going above and beyond to accommodate them- we felt like guests staying in her house. She even gave me one of her own books to take because I forgot mine and I had already read the ones in the room. Maria, the chef, met us with a smile everyday and made us refreshing and light meals (perfect for the warm weather).
Needless to say, we highly recommend Otro Lado to anyone who is visiting Santa Teresa and look forward to returning very soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Otro Lado Lodge is a small resort just a few steps from one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica. Situated in a quiet tropical garden with a swimming pool, the lodge is comprised of four separate residences, each with two levels and can accommodate four people comfortably. The restaurant is open air concept with complimentary satellite television plus wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Otro Lado Lodge And Restaurant Hotel Santa Teresa
- Otro Lado Lodge And Restaurant Costa Rica/Santa Teresa