When we booked our hotel in Santa Teresa we specifically picked a hotel that promised wi fi. We were there during the peak season so we booked it well in advance. When we arrived we found the wi fi did not work as promised. We inquired at the desk about it and the woman came up and fiddled with our I Pad for awhile and said we could try sitting on the balcony and it might work. It did not work at all inside the room and only some of the time on the balcony. The staff was rude and said most people don't want wi fi and acted like we were being unreasonable.
The room we had was on the west side and there was no shade on the big window over the bed to block the sun, only a flimsy see through curtain. So the afternoon was very hot and sunny in the room. It was not comfortable for resting after coming back from the beach.
A small refrigerator would have been nice and for the price of the room a breakfast should have been included (even just some toast and fruit).
Location was fine because it is just a short walk to the beach but you can definitely do better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Otro Lado Lodge is a small resort just a few steps from one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica. Situated in a quiet tropical garden with a swimming pool, the lodge is comprised of four separate residences, each with two levels and can accommodate four people comfortably. The restaurant is open air concept with complimentary satellite television plus wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Otro Lado Lodge And Restaurant Hotel Santa Teresa
- Otro Lado Lodge And Restaurant Costa Rica/Santa Teresa