I stayed for a week in Otro Lado in November 2012 and I couldn't have been happier with my choice. The lodge is beautiful - as you will see, the owners (Baggia & Niko - great guys and extremely helpful, who are ably assisted by Isabella) have spent considerable time and effort in creating a comfortable and relaxing environment for guests. Indeed, they've spent 8 years working on the lodge! I would compare the lodge to boutique hotels that I've stayed in around the world. The guys organised a taxi to pick me up from Tambor which took approx. 45mins. I had thought about driving from San Jose, but was thankful I took the easy option, particularly when the flight on a 12 seater gave you an excellent glimpse of the beautiful scenery.
My bedroom was spacious with a nice balcony and thankfully, with good A/C. There's a really nice pool with a deck onsite that's great for chilling and cooling down. The food (breakfast and lunch) was always very good and the open dining area is pleasant; it's also a nice spot to chat and socialise with other guests. They also run regular yoga and other classes onsite. It's also possible to arrange a massage onsite (Nathan is excellent) and there's even a good chiropractor (Neil) down the alleyway. The beach is less than 5 minutes and for those cyclists, they have bikes onsite that you can use for free. I spent the week on and off the bikes getting around Santa Teresa. Plenty of surf shops within a stone's throw should you wish to hire boards or arrange lessons.
I really do hope I will be able to make it back at some stage in the near future! Recommended 100%.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Otro Lado Lodge is a small resort just a few steps from one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica. Situated in a quiet tropical garden with a swimming pool, the lodge is comprised of four separate residences, each with two levels and can accommodate four people comfortably. The restaurant is open air concept with complimentary satellite television plus wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Otro Lado Lodge And Restaurant Hotel Santa Teresa
- Otro Lado Lodge And Restaurant Costa Rica/Santa Teresa