My wife and I were on our honey moon in Costa Rica, and we decided to stay at Otro Lado since it was close to the surf, and the reviews sounded great. When we arrived we were not disappointed! The couple who run the lodge are so nice and we felt right at home. The room we were in was spotless, and was so unique with a spiral staircase that caught our attention right away.
They were unable to provide us with an official honeymoon suite, however, the room they gave us was amazing! They also said they would throw in a free breakfast every morning which thy did not have to do. We were grateful, because the breakfast was great, and the coffee is the best! The pool was always super clean and the entire grounds were maintained beautifully every day. What a great place to stay.
STAY AWAY FROM THE SURF SHOP DOWN THE LANE....
Completely unrelated to the lodge was the surf shop down the lane... My wife and I surf which is why we stayed here, so we decided to rent our boards from this shop... What a mistake. They rented my wife a board which looked to be very warn with the stomp pad falling off. After going in the surf my 110 lb wife somehow cracked the board (and she is a beginner) so we returned the board and apologized, accepting full responsibility. We were told the board could be fixed but were then later told it would cost us $400 to replace it with a brand new surfboard which was a huge shock... The employees are amazing, but the owners are extremely aggressive and unfriendly people, arguing with us every step of the way, even bringing my wife to tears. After giving them there $400, and dealing with their rude behavior, we said thank you for everything and were told not to thank them unless we meant it... It was awkward, and completely unnecessary. For your own sake, rent your surf boards somewhere else! there is a great place about 100 meters down the road that also rents ATVs. We wish we would have gone there from the start!
We love Otro Lado and would love to back someday in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Otro Lado Lodge is a small resort just a few steps from one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica. Situated in a quiet tropical garden with a swimming pool, the lodge is comprised of four separate residences, each with two levels and can accommodate four people comfortably. The restaurant is open air concept with complimentary satellite television plus wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Otro Lado Lodge and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Otro Lado Lodge And Restaurant Hotel Santa Teresa
- Otro Lado Lodge And Restaurant Costa Rica/Santa Teresa