All reviews an oasis costa rica two story the main road rooms were very clean nice balcony included breakfast rooms are amazing first floor yoga room definitely stay here again super market a great place to stay surf shop ceiling fan cleaned daily beautiful place
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My friends and I had the best experience at Otro Lado. The place is well laid out, landscaped very well, and the rooms were very clean and neat. Housekeeping was impressive and each room was a nice size, bathrooms were nice, and every room had a balcony. This place is totally cute. There was even a very refreshing pool. I loved this place because I came to Santa Teresa to Surf and do yoga. The most amazing thing about this place is that so much was included. We got to do yoga everyday if we wanted (Francesca, yoga instructor was amazing and so so nice), got massages which were top notch ( i own a day spa), and meals were included which were delicious. Btw, the coffee there is so good! We met the owners briefly and they were very nice and accomodating. I really want to mention Francesca (diff than yoga instructor) who totally took care of us in terms of answering questions, serving meals, booking yoga, massage, taxi's and reservations for dinner. Even the cook, Maria was a sweetheart. This place is very well run and efficient in a laid back way. I loved my stay and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Every room is great.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2012

We stayed there for three nights and found it great. Everything was perfect. The place is almost new and beautifully designed. We loved the architecture. The garden, grounds and pool are all very nice. Our room was excellent with a nice balcony. WiFi internet worked well, unless there was a power outage. It wasn't not real fast though (as in many places in Costa Rica). There were fly-screens everywhere, a/c worked great, ceiling fan, safety deposit box, all good. The staff were friendly and helpful.

The beach is about 100 m away crossing the street and walking through the grove. There are shops and restaurants in short walking distance.

A few comments about Santa Teresa: It's basically a 3 km long very dusty dirt road with many pot holes lined with shops, restaurants, hotels and hostels. It has a very long beach separated from the road by a grove and many people go there for surfing.

"Otro Lado" is an oasis away from the road in the second row of properties.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Otro Lado is a great place to stay in Santa Teresa. The owners were on vacation last week during my stay, but Francesca was there to take care of all my and my friends' needs - restaurant recommendations, reservations, massage appointments, everything! Accommodations are clean and neat. I was there with 2 other girlfriends and we each had our own rooms. They were cleaned immaculately each morning. Due to the ego-friendly nature of the Santa Teresa area, sheets and towels are replaced very few days, but they will replace more often when requested. Note that there are no tv's in the room, but there is AC. With the beauty of the beach and the warm loving Tica energy, there's no need for televised entertainment.

Room Tip: There are 2 story villas available as well and the pool is very refreshing!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Every year when May arrives I usually take a little break from work.
This year was Santa Teresa, Costa Rica.
I staid at Otrolado for a week and it was an amazing experience.
Everything was perfect, from the room, clean and comfortable to the food, authentic Italian and deliciously fresh (try the homemade spinach and ricotta ravioli, the daily backed focaccia and croissants). Salads and fruits were tastier then ever. The “batido misto” (fresh fruits smoothie) was a must every day.
The location is perfect, close to the beach, quiet at night and a step away from supermarket and shops.
The owners, Baggi and Nico are super friendly, happily available to accommodate every request when possible. They also offer surfing lessons, yoga class (private and groups) and massage. I had twice a deep tissue massage, two private “posture and flexibility” class (stretching) and a yoga lesson at the beach. The healthiest week of my life!
They have the sweetest dog and cats in the world “ATA, GINO and CIRO”.
The view at beach is breathtaking, a long coast of sand, big waves, nature and sun.
Morning walks and watching sunset made the beach a place where I want to live forever.
During my stay at Otrolado, I saw families, couples and group of friends enjoying this place like me, in relax, having fun and in perfect balance with nature and life.

I have been working in hospitality for a long time now, in Europe and USA and even if I’m on vacation my attention goes on details every place I stay. The owners and their team are doing an excellent job, I definitely recommend this place and I will be back as soon as I can.

Thank you again for the unforgettable time!

Isabella

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank ballaroNYC
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Everything said by the others who rated the Otro Lado as excellent is repeated! My congratulations to Baggi and Nico on creating a wonderful respite and being so hospitable.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends