All reviewsan oasiscosta ricatwo storythe main roadrooms were very cleannice balconyincluded breakfastrooms are amazingfirst flooryoga roomdefinitely stay here againsuper marketa great place to staysurf shopceiling fancleaned dailybeautiful place
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Our upstairs room was fresh and airy, a quality that is important to us. This is a new facility. Our room was attractive, large, immaculate and comfortable with an elegant washroom and shower. There was a nice private balcony. Screens on all the windows. The garden and pool area were bright and attractive. Beautiful gardens. 5 minute walk to beautiful surf beach. Our hosts were very hospitable.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Otro Lado Lodge was just amazing! From the rooms to the food no detail was left unturned. Niko and Baggi (the owners) were extremely friendly, and made sure I had everything I needed. The decor of the lodge is simple but nothing short of beautiful. The hotel is close enough to the action but still far enough to be a nice quiet escape. Howler monkeys can be heard from the mountains and hummingbirds visit the gardens. Lots of places to sit outdoors and relax and their homemade pasta's sandwiches and salads are so delicious! The restaurant does close at 3pm so make sure you make time to try their food.You would think a pool is silly to have when you are less then 5 mins walk to the ocean but it is nice to take a dip and just float around without the threat of waves in your nose. I love this place and will for sure be returning. Such a great atmosphere and amazing people.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I was planning a trip back to Santa Teresa with my cousin who had never been to Costa Rica before. I had heard great things about Otro Lado and knew we had to check it out. Disappointed we were NOT! From the rooms to the food to the hosts to the guests we could have stayed forever! Actually some friends we made had been there for almost a month and had barely left the property! The owners were the nicest and most accommodating hosts that we could have asked for. When i mentioned to them that i heard they made a great pizza that was not on the menu they promptly asked me when i would like to have it and it was made fresh just for me! I cannot speak highly enough and cannot wait to return soon.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2011

The otra lado lodge has got to be one of the most chilled places iv ever been to. It was the first place I’ve ever been to where I felt like I was not a paying customer but a guest in a friend’s home. At one point I asked what cakes they did and Baggi asked what I wanted and she happily cooked me a chocolate cake! On my last night I found a little package next to my key and Baggi had left me a little piece of a desert, which she had made earlier to take to a friend’s house. I was deeply touched and quite bowled over, but it was (as always) done with a casual attitude as if it was a pleasure for them and seemed to be perfectly normal for them to do that kind of thing - they were classically Italian in their generosity without being over-bearing. I ended up spending most of my holiday in the communal area where Nico, Baggi, their three cats and dogs all relax and hang out – it was one of the most Zen places I have ever been! A great place to chill out between surfing sessions. There was also a nice space to do some yoga. On top of their great talent at their job of running a very comfortable, relaxing and generous lodge, Baggi and Nico both have great personalities and are a great joy to be around – it really was as if I was staying with two great friends. I will most certainly choose to go there again, and I hope that will be this time next year.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Beautiful , with charm owner, relaxing.
Pool in the center and restaurant great.
Is my favorite place in santa teresa-mal pais. big room with air conditioning.
very close to the beach , in the main street of santa teresa

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family