We were initially booked in for just a week but as soon as we arrived at Zula — a clean room, comfortable bed, friendly welcome and a great location by the beach — we extended our stay.
Three weeks in paradise. That's how it felt.
First of all, Malpais is wonderful. There's loads of great surf spots (my husband surfed twice a day for 25 days!,) yoga centres and yummy sodas and restaurants within walking distance. Second of all, the Inn has a great pool and common area for hanging out and relaxing. We found the owners, Rotem and Avi, really cool guys too. Really helpful.
The well-spaced, private bungalows are great too, well-stocked with everything we needed for cooking and morning coffees on the front deck — where we'd sometimes get to watch howler monkeys in the trees! And there'd always be butterflies darting through the flowers and tiny lizards, even a big iguana in the tree.
It was nice and quiet too and we'd wake up to the sound of birds chirping in the morning. I'm not kidding!
It was an ideal place to unwind, surrounded by tropical flowers and trees, set against a mountain jungle and minutes to the surf. AAAAh. We miss it!
And finally, it's easily the best value we found traveling around CR.
We'll definitely go back. And we found the other guests we met there felt the same way.
Happy to be part of the Zula gang. hehehe.
Okay, I'm gushing but you get the point!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zula Inn Aparthotel features nine self-contained bungalows, all with views of our lush tropical garden and pool. Set back from the road in a quiet location, the hotel is only a two min walk to the white sandy surf beach of Playa Santa Teresa and it's consistent year round waves. Enjoy poolside relaxation in tropical gardens and take in our view of the jungle. Tha rancho next to the pool offers sofas, hammocks, cable T.V, free WI-FI internet, coffee and soft drinks. Zula Inn is also a short walk to all the shops and restaurants around our beautiful town of Santa Teresa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Zula Inn Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zula Inn Aparthotel Hotel Santa Teresa
- Zula Inn Aparthotel Costa Rica/Santa Teresa