“Pretty great!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 32 Santa Teresa B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Pretty great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Just spent several nights here and it was wonderful!

Owned by nice brothers, well-kept, clean, quiet, comfortable. Everything was great!

Go to their cafe in town for the best food in Santa Teresa as well.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hebrew first
minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is not a fancy place but I wasn't expecting one. When we arrived I wasn't excited but the place grew on me over the 3 days we spent there. The kitchen is very basic, but it had enough to make breakfast and lunch for our family. The only thing missing that we would have liked was a blender to make smoothies. Yes there were some bugs, but nothing excessive. This is a tropical country, bugs are just part of the experience. The shower didn't have hot water but like it's so hot out that the cold/lukewarm water is all you need. The pool is very nice, my younger son swam everyday. I only met one of the owners, Avi, he was helpful and charming. He even gave us a ride back to the hotel one night when we were dining at their restaurant and an intense storm hit. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Just returned from spending 8 nights at the Zula Inn. What a great place. I felt like I was staying in my own home (with daily maid service). The pool/bar area were so comfortable and the grounds are beautiful..full of flowers. Avi and Rotem (the owners) were there to help us with everything we needed: surf boards, ATVs, restaurants. I am planning to go back as soon as possible.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

i actually feel very guilty as it is now nearly a year since we stayed here, and i promissed the guys i would go on trip advisor and wrie a review. just looking at the pictures, is reminding me of what a wonderful time we had as a family in costa rica and how the brothers at this aparthotel helped us to achieve that. we could not have asked for more accomodating, laid back and helpfull hosts. when we left here and moved on to our next hotel, as nice as that was it was not a patch on the zula, and i remember wishing we had not moved on so fast. i must also say that santa teresa is loveley. wish i was back there. i will be one day. Jared, Leah, Jacques, Maddie and OZ from pembrokeshire in Wales.

Room Tip: the zula in is run by three brothers. the appartment we had was excelent as i am sure all the others...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

$50 a night for air conditioning, pool, and a bar, perfect. They were very nice. Their restaurant was had great food and reasonable prices. I recommend the chicken shish kabobs. I left my purse out by the pool bar one night (to many drinks) and did not realize until the next day. All of my money and belongings were still in it. They made us feel safe.

• Stayed May 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

Great location , great people , great rooms.
Wev've been traveling costa rica for 7 weeks and Zula inn was our vaforite place , we had so much fun here , Santa teressa is a magical place and we recomand every to come and visit.
A+++

Stayed April 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is the "brother" inn to Gingi's hostel. Except this is inn is on an entire other level. A hotel. If you all want a private kitchen and bathroom in one with neatly folded towels of swans and other sorts of cool animals. If you want to be connected to the world through wifi and television. This is the place. If you want a pool, an outdoor covered lounge area with a 'trust' bar...this is the place. My wife and I spent our last week here for our honeymoon for a whopping $60 a day! She knows how to cook and did it on a budget. Its awesome. The staff was very nice and do there job with ease. I constantly saw one person cleaning the pool, rooms and lounge area everyday. She enjoys her work and deserved a nice tip. Especially for washing my clothes and folding them nicely. She didn't even dry the clothes that I requested. This was a clean hotel.

Okay okay, so there was one roach I found in the kitchen. One roach. Yes I hate roaches but this was Pretty impressive for mal pais area since its not much of a developed area. They had raid near the trust bar just incase I couldn't stand it anymore. And of course...I used it. Problems since? Nope! As for any hotel or apartment in order to remain bug free, you have to be clean yourself. But I assure you, in order to escape insects completely from any place is to live in outer space. I actually love the fact that such a rich soiled area has so many living creatures and I am thankful to be in such a fruitful place and live to see it. This part of the review is for people with the phobias. As I am that person. Interesting enough, I was not attacked by mosquitos. Considering the beautiful plants they planted in the court yard area.

The only thing I wish could be improved is the wifi radius. It doesn't connect to the other villas because of the concrete. But even when I step outside something is still blocking the wifi signal. I have to walk 50 feet towards the entrance to finally get it. Oh well, maybe its best not to be near wifi signals all the time. ;).

Conclusively, I loved this place so much. I wish to return as soon as I can.

• Stayed April 2012