In early August 2011 my boyfriend and I spent one night in San José (fyi it's $25 ride from the airport, there isn't much to see, and it is no vacation spot.) The next day we took a SANSA charter plane to Tambor and a taxi provided by Zula Inn to Santa Teresa. We stayed at Zula Inn for 6 days and we were so happy with our decision. Avi and Rotum were relaxed and extremely helpful dudes, splitting their time between surfing / working at Zula Inn / working at their delicious Zula restaurant down the road (which you MUST visit - we had the most flavorful chicken shish kebab and chicken hummus, complete with at least five sauces.) Our bungalow was simple, clean, had AC (it is hot and humid down there), and a kitchen to prepare breakfast (buy pineapple) in the morning and eat it outside on the patio furniture. We enjoyed cooling off in the nice pool, sitting in the hammocks and comfy chairs, and observing the local wildlife (monkeys, dogs, kitties, iguanas, geckos, etc. The monkeys might wake you up so bring earplugs.) Zula Inn is located in the middle-ish off Santa Teresa so there are restaurants on either side of you, and a beach entrance and grocery store only 100 feet away (Fyi there is ONE dusty road that runs through the town. Luckily Zula Inn is far away from the dust and noise of the road.) During our time in Santa Teresa we surfed, boogie-boarded, went zip-lining in Mal País, went to a yoga class, rented an ATV from Zula Inn (that's how most people get around on that one dirt road, costs $60 per day) and we used our ATV to check out the water falls on the other side of the peninsula in Montezuma (Warning, you should avoid the 10 k road from Montezuma to Santa Teresa because it is washed out and dangerous in August. Also, there isn't a trail to the Montezuma falls -- you must carefully walk along the steep banks and cross over to the right side when the water is shallow..) Avi & Rotum will give you details on all of these activities! We were so happy to find Zula Inn - clean, economical, private, air-conditioned, with a kitchen, by the grocery store with personable / helpful owners. We would LOVE to return to Santa Teresa and Zula Inn in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zula Inn Aparthotel features nine self-contained bungalows, all with views of our lush tropical garden and pool. Set back from the road in a quiet location, the hotel is only a two min walk to the white sandy surf beach of Playa Santa Teresa and it's consistent year round waves. Enjoy poolside relaxation in tropical gardens and take in our view of the jungle. Tha rancho next to the pool offers sofas, hammocks, cable T.V, free WI-FI internet, coffee and soft drinks. Zula Inn is also a short walk to all the shops and restaurants around our beautiful town of Santa Teresa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Zula Inn Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zula Inn Aparthotel Hotel Santa Teresa
- Zula Inn Aparthotel Costa Rica/Santa Teresa