“Awesome time!”

Extreme Costa Rica - Private Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Extreme Costa Rica is based out of Playa Panama in Costa Rica! The beautiful Guanacaste region has beautiful wildlife to offer! Let us guide you around! We are skilled and knowledgeable, and we enjoy everyday!
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Walking down the beach we ran into Matt and the crew and they offered us a snorkeling tour for good price. There were four of us and couple from the other hotel. Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the tour. We also made plans to do some land tours, but had to cancel as i have burned my self and it was not comfortable for me to move, don't mind doing zip lining and stuff. Day after Matt took my wife and I for fishing trip. We caught some fish and then went for little picnic at the beach. We had a great time! When will go again we'll defenately will go with Extreme guys again.

Matthew H, Manager at Extreme Costa Rica - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and that great-looking photo! We love all of our excursions but snorkeling and fishing seem to be the most popular! Thank you for being wonderful friends, going on a group tour, then again on a private fishing tour! I hope to see you next time you are in Costa Rica. If you have any questions next time you are here, please don't hesitate to call or email 5014-0624 or matt@extremecr.com
Thank you!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a last minute excursion and ran into the guys from Extreme Costa Rica. Andrés and his crew were so accommodating and friendly. My wife and I both agreed that it was the best day of our Costa Rican Honeymoon. Thanks guys!!

Matthew H, Manager at Extreme Costa Rica - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for your great review! We enjoy meeting all of our clients, but when it's a honeymoon- it's even more special! Thank you for sharing it with us at Extreme Costa Rica!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We would highly recommend Matt Holmes of Extreme Costa Rica. We were very lucky to find him during our recent trip. Matt is originally from the states so it made it very easy for us to work with him, chartering his boat for two days. Extreme Costa Rica gave us the opportunity to get off the land and on the water and see everything from a different view. We were staying in a villa in Playa Hermosa, just around and over the hill from Playa Panama in the Guanacaste region, near the Papagayo Peninsula. It was very easy to meet him each day at Playa Panama beach In front of the beautiful new El Mangrove hotel.
If we had met him sooner we probably would've spent more than two days with him.
His boat was very nice and seated the four of us easily. We were three women, Including my 82 years old mother, and my husband. What a sport my husband was!! My mother had a super time and Matt and Sadi was very careful helping her in and out of the boat,
He was a great guide and very knowledgeable of Marine life, landmarks, history. We were fortunate on both days to see humpback whales , close you could would not even imagine! a far cry from the many whales we saw in Alaska from the tour boats, This was such a Once-in-a-lifetime, personal experience That we will always remember. When we were anchored near some great snorkeling areas, Matt put on his mask and went Snorkeling returning with a Puffer fish to show us. It was just amazing.

He accommodated our request and took us to beautiful pristine white sand beaches where we could sunbath, swim, find shells, explore water caves.
We also went to some special fishing places, that only an experienced local fishermen would know and fished. His trusty partner, Sadi, was the captain and being a local he knew all the right spots. He provided everything and helped us catch our share of red snapper, Tuna and a few other fish that I can't remember the names up. Although his business is probably more geared to More serious fishing, he was so nice to us... Fixing our catch so we could put them on the grill that night. They were delicious. We had a wonderful time and look forward to going back next year!!

Thank you Jen! I had suck a wonderful time with you and your family. It was truly too bad that we met on the last leg of your trip. I hope that the next time you make it to Costa Rica, that you will contact me again. We are also branching out to zip-lining, ATV, and monkey visits. You may like that. I hope you stay well until next time! Thank you for the wonderful review!

Reviewed January 25, 2014

We met Andres and Matt on the beach in front of our hotel (the Hilton Papagayo) and they were friendly without being pushy. We had been looking for a boat excursion and Andres was very amenable. He allowed us to decide what we wanted to do and he made it happen-- for the best price!!
He picked us up and rode across the bay so we could see the giant yachts that were housed in the marina. After he got gas he made fresh oysters for us right on the boat. Then we went out to a private beach where he dropped off 3 members of our party who did not want to fish. He took the rest of us out and we bottom fished. Along the way he pointed out interesting sights to us. We had 5 people on the boat and Andres had 5 poles, but one of his guys was fishing the whole time as well, so some of our party had to switch on & off on the fifth pole. We did catch quite a few red snapper though. After we bottom fished we were going to start trolling, but the wind had really picked up and the seas were pretty rough. A couple of people in our party got sea sick and we asked to be taken back to the beach to collect our friends instead of trolling. This was not at all Andres's fault-- he was very cooperative and agreed to take us back in.
Once we got to the beach we ate the lunch Andres prepared for us-- it was delicious! He also brought us a case of beer for on the boat. On our way back in to our resort we spotted a pod of dolphins and Andres took the boat right up to the dolphins-- that was amazing!! We got to see the sunset over the ocean and he dropped us off right back at our beach.
I gave Andres 4 stars instead of 5 because of the pole shortage and because the boat was in somewhat of a state of disrepair. He was having trouble with his starter at first, and then as we were approaching the beach to pick up our friends he was having a battery issue.
If they get their boat fixed up and provide enough poles for everyone on the vessel this would be a 5 star review easily. Andres was great, and I doubt you will find a better deal for a whole day on the ocean.
Thank you!!

Matthew H, Manager at Extreme Costa Rica - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you very much for your comments and beautiful photos! We are looking for more fishing poles and apologize for our fisherman that day, We will take note for next time that all clients have a fishing pole. Thank you! Hope to see you soon in Costa Rica again!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Meet Andres and Matt on the beach of the Hilton resort. They explained a bit about their company and did a great job selling it without being pushy.

My father and I had an excellent experience with ExtremeCR. We went on and evening fishing trip with Matt on our first night there and must have caught 30 or so red snapper. While abord Matt showed us several points of interest along the coastline. The second day we went out fishing we paired with Matt and Andres and although I was sick from the night before they made it as pleasant as possible. My father really enjoined being out on the water with a pleasant crew. Unfortunately, on this trip we did more feeding than catching. Zero catching. My father and I have been fishing a long time, it wasn't the fault of the crew, it happens. In fact, the crew tried to stay on the water for longer than scheduled to try and catch something. Nonetheless, great experience and really good customer service. I would proudly book with them again.

Thanks Andres and Matt

Matthew H, Manager at Extreme Costa Rica - Private Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you both for your review! We apologize for the lack of fish on the second day! Nature and the weather always win! We hope you had a wonderful time with us and that you will tell your friends! Thank you for your great review!