“Amazing dinner”
Review of Abbocato

Abbocato
Cuisines: Asian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Description: To define Abbocato is to talk about a family that will welcome new friends in our home to create an unforgettable experience and to give an elegant and professional service in a distinguished environment with the best view of "Golfo Papagayo".Our goal is to convey a sense of satisfaction on the client through an eno-gastronomic journey of high level, with luxurious and cozy surroundings with large windows and a wonderful terrace where you must enjoy the most beautiful sunsets in the Pacific Ocean.The style of cuisine that Restaurante Aboocato offers can be defined as "author". If you have any questions or would like more information, do not hesitate and contact us!
Reviewed August 15, 2014

The restaurant is fantastically decorated, the food is an amazing fusion between italian and costa rican flavors, and the hosts are incredible.

Definitely cant miss this restaurant if you are in Guanacaste.

2  Thank Monica I

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Location: Abbocato was about a 15 min drive from our hotel (The Andaz) and about 20 min from Coco Beach. It is set on top of a hill with a beautiful view (that can be seen from every table) of a beautiful swimming pool, the ocean and an amazing sunset!

Service: You won't get better service than Abbocato! The service here was the best of any restaurant I've visited. The owners, the chief and server greets you and checks on you frequently, but does not linger and/or pester you. They will allow you to sit outside and enjoy the sunset if you'd like and you never feel rushed.

Reservations: I definitely recommend making them. You can make them via email from their website. They sometimes will close early if they don't have reservations and you don't want to miss this experience!

Food: My husband had their seafood "tasting menu", I think it was called the gustation, which consisted of four courses. It started with an appetizer of octopus, shrimp, tuna and one other seafood--he said it was amazing! Second course, lobster bisque, he said was okay and the main course was a red snapper. Dessert was a mango creme brulle, which was also great.

I had the butternut, blue cheese and walnut risotto, of my gosh, it was excellent! Because I didn't ave multiple courses, like my husband, they brought me out a slice of bruschetta. Let me start by saying that tomatoes could be my most hated food, so I planned to take a single bite to be polite. I ate the entire thing, including the tomatoes that fell off. I've never tasted tomatoes like this and have been craving the bruschetta ever since. The best dish of all, in my opinion, was the dessert. I had a chocolate roll, which came warmed and with a scoop of ice cream. If you like chocolate and caramel, this is a must have.

This dining experience is a must do if you find yourself in the area. I would be willing to drive an hour to dine here again.

1  Thank Dara N
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Andrea and Paola are wonderful hosts and certain to make your visit very memorable. The food is exceptional and is the only place in Papagayo which offers five star fine dining with wine pairing. This is the place to visit if you are looking for vegetarian food or if you have any dietary restrictions as the they will go out of their way and innovate to come up with a exclusive three course meal. They are closed on Sunday and Monday nights for dinner and prefer that you call ahead and reserve a table.

After dinner the two hosts spent quality time with us and we learnt a lot about their backgrounds and the country in general. We will not hesitate to visit this place on our next trip.

Vivek

Reviewed July 12, 2014

If you have never had the pleasure of dining at Abbacatos be certain to treat yourself to this fabulous destination spot. We happily return with each visit to this area of Costa Rica and are always pleasantly amazed at the fine dining, ambiance and welcoming atmosphere given to everyone by the owners, Paola and Andreas and their staff. The evening began with their gracious greeting, a gorgeous sunset overlooking Papagayo Bay, on the beautiful outdoor terrace, exceptional dinner, (of course beautifully presented,)and a special personalized desert for our anniversary. We highly recommend Abbacatos for any occasion with family, friends, as a couple, or solo dining. What a treat!

1  Thank SandVWtravels
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Was in town with some friends and talked this place up. They did not disappoint and my friends said this was the best meal they have ever had period. You can't beat the view at sunset and the service is 10 star right down to the chef checking up on you. If you are anywhere in the area get yourself a reservation and enjoy.

1  Thank rumpunch4u