“An Exceptional and Unique Experience”
Review of Abbocato

Abbocato
Cuisines: Asian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: To define Abbocato is to talk about a family that will welcome new friends in our home to create an unforgettable experience and to give an elegant and professional service in a distinguished environment with the best view of "Golfo Papagayo".Our goal is to convey a sense of satisfaction on the client through an eno-gastronomic journey of high level, with luxurious and cozy surroundings with large windows and a wonderful terrace where you must enjoy the most beautiful sunsets in the Pacific Ocean.The style of cuisine that Restaurante Aboocato offers can be defined as "author". If you have any questions or would like more information, do not hesitate and contact us!
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and in-laws and I visited Abbocato back in July. We were staying at the Four Seasons and the distance was a bit discouraging but... I could write up our entire experience but all I need to say is that it is absolutely worth the trip from the Four Seasons or wherever you are coming from. From the point of arrival to departure it was an amazing dining experience unlike no other. The dinks, sunset, owners and staff, the restaurant and the cuisine were exceptional. It was one of my family’s best experiences dining ever and I recommend this restaurant if you at all have the opportunity. When we return to Costa Rica we will certainly make Abbocato a part of the trip if not one of the main attractions.

1  Thank Btv1986
There are newer reviews for Abbocato

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Except for one of the entrees, the food was amazing. If I could, I would rate it 4.5 but since I couldn't I had to rate it a 4. The hostess/owner was extremely friendly, and we met the chef several times as he visited us several times through out the meal:

The following items were what my fiance and I ate:

Tuna carpaccio
Quiche

Risotto with pancetta and pesto sauce
Coconut soup with shrimp- I am usually not a fan of soups but this was really yummy

Lamb duo
Stuffed red snapper- this is the one that was a little disappointing

Crime brûlée- loved the presentation
Coffee cake with chocolate drizzle

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We came here for my son's 17th birthday celebration with another family on July 10, 2013. The cook Andrea and his wife Paola were so receptive and accommodating, the place was very elegant & had very good ambiance; there was a scenic view of the ocean just outside our table. The night started with Andrea (who was trained in Italy) explaining what they had prepared for us for the evening, a choice between a steak and fish dinner...either way, you can't go wrong! The food WAS EXQUISITELY PREPARED & VERY DELICIOUS!!! We stayed @ the Four Seasons Resort in Papagayo, but the food there doesn't even compare. After some disappointing food experiences elsewhere in Guanacaste & Liberia, this was one memorable dinner! A little pricey, but it was all worth it! Thank You Andrea & Paola for a great culinary experience!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My son and I visited Abbocato on our July vacation to Costa Rica. I had previously read about this fantastic restaurant and planned to go for dinner. Unfortunately, we only had the rental car for our first night at the Four Seasons and checked in too late. Having to turn the rental car in by 4 PM the next day we decided to head over for lunch.

The location is about 25 minutes from the Four Seasons. We were the only guests dining which made our experience special. As others mentioned, the poolside view is incredible to enjoy drinks by. Paola and Andrea are so personal and made incredible drinks. We ordered the caesar salad, special octopus appetizer, halibut ravioli, osso bucco, and desert. The food was prepared perfectly! Paola takes personal pride in his cooking and wants to ensure his guests enjoy what he prepares. Let me tell you, this personal experience only adds to his amazing cooking skills!

We really wanted to enjoy a second meal here but transportation issues prevented it. After eating this wonderful meal nothing the Four Seasons compared. If you are in the area, and can get transported there, be sure to make this restaurant a priority. You will remember it forever!

1  Thank dmaries
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went with a group of six and had by far the best meal of our trip. You can't find more sincere people wanting you to have a great experience. The restaurant is incredible outside and the outdoor patio is amazing for a nice cocktail. Every course was prepared perfectly and the chef Andreas made sure everyone was happy. If you are in the area do yourself a favor and book this early in your trip. Chances are you'll go back, it's that good.