“excellent food, good beachfront location”

Rumbas Beach Club Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We live 5 miles from Rumba's and love the place. Tico food is very good. If you order something like a roast beef deli sandwich, not so much. With all the great local food you'd have to be crazy to order a sandwich anyhow. I love the stuffed avacado with shrimp salad or the stuffed hamburger with bleu cheese. The waitresses are fast, courteous and bi-lingual. They now have Öpen Mic Night" with great entertanment about once a month.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Guanacaste, Costa Rica has many X-pats in the area so there are no shortage of places to go, however, in Playa Panama this is the place to be. The food and drinks are more than reasonably priced, and occasionally there's live music and even open mic nights (Usually run by a local luminary Andy Browne from Boomers Offshore in Play Hermosa)..... which are NOT like US open mic nights with a dull crowd. I mean the place will be packed with talent during tourist season, and plenty of locals in the off season.

Lastly, this place had the best chicken fingers and wings I've ever had in my life, and I hate chicken fingers!!!

Definitely worth the visit!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Excellent view & service. The food was not good. There were 3 in our party. 2 ordered the beef au jus sandwich. We were informed only enough beef for 1. This came with 2 very thin slices of dry beef on a large bun with sort of a salad on it. The beef in no way would cover the bun in one layer. The jus was terrible,strong & salty. Another ordered the burger . Was large but he said it tasted rancid so did not eat any more of it.. It took me 4 orders to finally get something they had. The chicken wings were tasteless & dry. No coating of any kind & tasted greasy. I only dared eat one. All our french fries were greasy. The onion rings were greasy also & the batter not crispy at all. I must say our waiter was very good. I am sure I will not return to eat there.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I got there last weekend, I liked because is just in front of the beach, no walls, so you can feel the joyfull of the place. They prepare a good "nachos" but the chicken they prepared was so salty. They change it, with good manners.

Recommended

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The bar is right by the beach...we found the the staff were real friendly. They serve good food - we didn't have to wait long to get it and they serve adequate portions....we certainly were not hungry when we were done.