“Good Value / Fun Place”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great food and friendly hosts at reasonable price right on Playa Panama.
Take the coast route on your way to the surf beaches on the Pacific. FIrst stop only a few kilometers off Hwy 21 from the east end of Communidid. Playa Panama is first beach, then Hermosa and El Coco.
Owners are ex-pat Americans who can provide directions as well as excellent Tico and North America food right on the beach at reasonable prices. Good music, sometimes live.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I went fishing for the afternoon and brought our catch to Rumbas for them to cook. They did a great job of the snapper, but we also brought some leftover jumbo shrimp from the condo which they deep fried in coconut batter and were absolutely fantastic. All this plus rice and salad and it came to an amazing $5 each. Great place on the beach.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We dined here twice, once for lunch, once for dinner. The food was pretty good. The service was excellent! The view was outstanding! Oh yeah, the drinks were really good.
The owner is trying to attract jazz aficionados by bringing in live entertainment. We were please to listen to Dave Maxwell, a blues pianist, when we were there for dinner. We truly enjoyed his music, and what can be better than blues by the water! That reminds me - I need to upload his CD to my IPod, so I can continue to enjoy the music.
We would definitely recommend Rumbas.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Loved the friendly staff, good menu, and reasonable prices. I definitely plan to return next time I'm in the area!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is great little place right on the beach....perfect place to enjoy the sunset! The menu is varied much more so than other places I've been in Costa Rica with reasonable prices. It was clean and the staff is very friendly. I'm going back tonight to enjoy the live entertainment, David Maxwell, blue's legend, is performing!