“Worth a try!”

Dining options: Reservations
Naperville, Illinois
“Worth a try!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is great little place right on the beach....perfect place to enjoy the sunset! The menu is varied much more so than other places I've been in Costa Rica with reasonable prices. It was clean and the staff is very friendly. I'm going back tonight to enjoy the live entertainment, David Maxwell, blue's legend, is performing!

• Visited January 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Wow! What a change from the old Beach Club”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We visited 6 months ago and the restaurant was dirty and the food and service was bad. We were skepical about returning this vacation, but we were told it had new owners. It's clean, bathrooms redone, new bar area, new chef, food and service terrific! Better than any other restaurant in the area. Presentation was special. Deck has special ambience. Prices are fare, and the menu is varied. A definate "don't miss".

• Visited December 2012
Georgia
“More than a beach bar”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This quaint restaurant has just been bought out this week. The bathrooms have been redone to High American standards. The tiki hut has been repaired. There is a new deck. A new side walk is being completed from the beach so that you can go down the side. They are working on the menu and service and it is a work in progress. However for those of us that live and stay in Playa Panama is a great to have a place to go that is close and good and dependable.

• Visited July 2012
San Diego, California
“Good food for the area”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have gone to The Beach Club several times over the years. June 2012 was the best it's ever been. I think it is under new management. The owner was very attentive and kind. The food and drinks were fresh and tasty.

• Visited June 2012
San Francisco, California
“Terrible food and no effort made in this place”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We went to this restaurant with a group of family members in June. We should have turned around after no one, including the owner, made any attempt to welcome us or provide a menu. After standing there for some time we grabbed our own menus and chose where we would sit. The place was virtually empty and the owner was sitting with the one patron, ignoring us. I am alergic to mayo/dairy and repeatedly asked that the fish tacos be served with no sauces. When they came out they were covered in a white sauce and I sent them back, all the while being polite. Everyone else got their food and were disappointed. My tacos returned in record time and mininal effort was made to remove the sauce, but not enough that I could safely eat them. My son and husband decided to share them but after one bite said they were terrible and returned them to my plate.The server never asked about the left over lunch and neither did the owner. When we got the bill, I presented my credit card and was told the establishment only took cash, which was not explained at the beginning of the meal. Thankfully we had enough money to pay for the overpriced, barely eidible lunch. The restaurant is not run as a professional establishment given the lack of service and quality of food, welcoming, and the fact that on two ocassions the owner was scolding our waiter in our presence. We will never return to this restaurant and we go to this area at least once a year. We heard that the owner was opening another business in Playas Del CoCo, as well