My wife and I spend a really great 4 days in Costa Rica. We were there 5 days but thanks to the management at the Occidental the fifth day was a complete drag. Too long and boring to get into but I travel about 18 weeks per year all over the world. I have not complained about any property in years. This place is nearly impossible to find, the food is basically garbage and the rooms are average at best.
Don't cheat yourself by staying away from the great towns Costa Rica has to offer. If you want isolation go to Sugar Beach. That is an amazing property (also kind of hard to find but worth it). If yo want fun, go to Tamirindo. Good value all over there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Guanacaste on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica,The Adults Only Occidental Papagayo is only at 25 minutes from the Liberia International Airport. This Resort surrounded by nature, boast lush tropical landscape with scenic views of Bahia Culebra in Papagayo Golf.Ideal for couples, honeymooners and adult guest seeking a relaxing getaway. The Occidental Papagayo offers a highly personalized five star all- inclusive experience delivered by an attentive and dedicated staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Occidental Papagayo - Adults only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Gulf Of
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grande Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grand Papagayo Liberia