I stayed at the Grand Papagayo for the week of December 8th to December 15th through Air Canada Vacations. I've just sent this letter to my Wedding Co-ordinator, who is an employee of the resort, which summarizes how amazing my experience was:
"Dear Harold - the Best Wedding Co-ordinator EVER;
I just wanted to drop you a quick e-mail to say thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! My wedding day was 100% perfect and I have YOU to thank for it. Even before I got to Costa Rica I found that you were friendly, knowledgeable, flexible and responsive. I did not feel any stress trying to plan wedding details even though I was so far away. When I arrived in Costa Rica it was everything I hoped it would be and more. We were so impressed with how easy everything was and how smooth our vacation was. I almost felt guilty that I should have been busier with wedding details but there was so little to do that I was able to relax and enjoy myself.
We were in a group of approx 25 people (ages 9 to 65 years) and found that the Grand Papagayo was the perfect size and set up for a family/friends vacation. We were all in different buildings which gave us the privacy that we wanted, but we were just minutes from each other. The grounds were so lovely, Costa Rica is truly a stunningly beautiful country, lush with vegetation and wildlife. We felt like the resort was big enough to stroll and explore, but small enough so that we could find each other easily, without effort, and spend quality time together. The restaurants were all wonderful, the buffet had variety and we never felt like we were eating the same foods. We went on great excursions and had most amazing, memorable experiences. The zip-lines tours were my favorite!
My wedding day was a “dream come true”! I met my mom for breakfast, went to the spa for a massage and manicure, then relaxed by the pool for the rest of the morning. I had lunch with my friends and then went jet-skiing in the early afternoon. I couldn’t believe how fun and stress free everything was. I finally went to get ready, the photographer arrived and then we all had some fruit and champagne. Soon after, you arrived to bring us to the ceremony location. There was a beautiful rainbow in the sky and it was almost like it was meant to be. My wedding was flawless! The Officiate was lovely. Every little detail was perfect! My photographer even created a wedding website for us (www.niamhandivan.com) which was an unexpected surprise.
My wedding reception was extraordinary. The décor and set-up were gorgeous and the food was fantastic. We had such a great time and everyone was raving about it! We brought the beautiful wedding cake to the lobby of the hotel (we were so full from our amazing meal) and it was such a friendly atmosphere with all of the hotel guests helping themselves to the wedding cake. I loved it!
Harold, you are such a pleasure and I’d like you to know that I think you’re amazing at your job. I owe my perfect wedding day to you, and I owe my perfect vacation to the management & staff of the Occidental Grand Papagayo. My husband and I went on a cruise for our honeymoon and the entire time we said “we should have stayed at the Grand Papagayo for another week instead”.
We can’t wait to come back and are planning a trip to your resort for our anniversary. Many of our guests have also expressed their interest to return as well. Thank you again for making my wedding that happiest and most memorable experience of my life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Guanacaste on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica,The Adults Only Occidental Papagayo is only at 25 minutes from the Liberia International Airport. This Resort surrounded by nature, boast lush tropical landscape with scenic views of Bahia Culebra in Papagayo Golf.Ideal for couples, honeymooners and adult guest seeking a relaxing getaway. The Occidental Papagayo offers a highly personalized five star all- inclusive experience delivered by an attentive and dedicated staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Barcelo, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your Occidental Papagayo - Adults only reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Hotel Gulf Of Papagayo
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Gulf Of
- Occidental Grand Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grande Papagayo Costa Rica
- Grand Papagayo Liberia