2,456 results
All reviews golf course canopy suite pesce cielo room costa rica complimentary activities screened in porch plunge pool ocean side zip lining witches rock cooking class green season kids club bird watching cold towels pura vida
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed in a 2 bedroom villa from August 16-24, 2013. The staff and service was above and beyond in every instance. I have nothing but the highest praise for how well this hotel is run. This is a resort that "gets" what service should look like.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I found much of the food in Costa Rica uninteresting. Beans, rice, fish. Nothing wrong with it but lean on flavor. Not so at the FS. Golf course was great with lots of variety and elevation changes. The hotel is on a peninsula at the point it narrows before widening out again, so it's only a few steps to beaches on either side. Rooms were of the same quality you would expect from a FS resort in the US and better than many of their business center properties. I would say this is more often a destination trip since it is away from other towns on the coast. After checking out we got a car at Liberia airrt to visit some of the other coastal towns to the south, like Flamingo and Tamarindo. (The FS is very close to the border of Nicaragua.) Many comments about theft being common, but not much violent crime. Compared to Mexico, the countyside is much more empty and there is less of a sense of cultural history.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here July 8-14 with my family (ages ranged from 11, 20, mid-20s, & 50s). LOVED the resort & the staff was AMAZING! We were greeted with cool towels & local juice upon arrival. Everyone was incredibly friendly. We enjoyed the complimentary activities (make sure to sign up). We were a little disappointed in the food at the hotel ( the food was average but expected it to be much better considering the price). We actually enjoyed the food from local restaurants more than the hotel food. I really enjoyed the hot/cool pools in the spa, especially at sunset! Our favorite excursion where a crew took us for a day if watersports, lunch, to visit a local beach/cave. Not sure of the name of the excursion, but the concierge recommended & it was definitely worth it & the crew was wonderful! We cannot wait to go back.

Date of stay: July 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went here years ago to go fishing and said I would come back and bring the kids, and I did in August 2013. The fishing here is amazing, and there are hundreds of fish right off shore. We caught tuna, bonita, gar; and also saw manta's cartwheeling in the air next to the boat; dolphins having a blast, whales off in the distance; and most importantly, we hooked into sailfish, but did not land any. Still it was light tackle, and to fight a sail for 8 or 10 minutes was a hoot and a half. We also saw sea turtles and they were very friendly. At the resort there are monkeys and some other crazy critters (kids loved them) and there is a massive 130 foot staircase by the beach that many overlook. We also had fun as a family exploring the rocks at either end of both the beach and the bay. The food is really incredible. And the chef cooked our tuna two nights in a row- the fish that we caught for $15. What a hoot. The staff is really nice and friendly. Four Seasons knows their business. Cheers!

Room tip: We were on the second floor in the jungle. This was cool because we saw animals right outside the porch. We were lucky to see a sloth one morning, which was rare, but that racoon looking dude and the howler monkeys were a real hoot.
3  Thank Paumanok123
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have always been a fan of the Four Seasons but our recent stay at Peninsula Papagayo has now made me a loyal customer. Staff has mastered the art of making guest feel relaxed, welcomed and handle every detail. They "get" service so that one can truly feel and be on vacation. The pick up from the airport, checkin, turn down and room service are exemplary customer service.

The fish tacos and mojitos are some of the best I have had anywhere in the world. The sunsets are breath taking and on par with Oia in Greece. The concierge scheduled excursions tailored to our wishes and selected excellent and personable guides.

Of special note, I greatly appreciated that the managers circulate throughout the property to ensure that guest are enjoying their stay and actively solicit feedback. That is a hallmark of organization committed to great service.

My only non-stellar comment is that the spa services require a bit of enhancement. The space is top notch but the treatment execution did not match the lovely view of the beach from spa or price point. Treatments were adequate but not outstanding as one might expect.

I look forward to my next visit.

Room tip: Third floor and near the pool was an exceptional convenient location to everything.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple