El Mangroove, Autograph Collection(Playa Panama)(Great Value!)
$331
$271
Occidental Papagayo - Adults only(Gulf of Papagayo)(Great Value!)
$212
$182
Bookit.com
  • Free Breakfast
Casa Conde Beach-Front Hotel(Playa Panama)(Great Value!)
$276
$243
Cancelon
$67
$62
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

Free cancellation until 07/28
$65
Hotels.com
Villas del Papagayo(Gulf of Papagayo)(Great Value!)
$203
$35
Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica(Gulf of Papagayo)(Great Value!)
$528
Free cancellation until 07/26
$575
Hotels.com
2,151 results
All reviewsgolf coursecanopy suitecena socialesol y sombracielo roomcosta ricagolf clubscreened in porcharnold palmerplunge poolcomplimentary activitieszip liningwitches rockocean sidecatch of the daycooking classice water
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I have had the opportunity to stay at 5 different Four Seasons locations over the years and this one takes the cake! The only one that is close to this location would be Hawaii, Hualalai. We hosted 80 producers and their guest at this location and it was nothing but the best! Location, staff, and layout for the property was 100% first class!

Room Tip: 2400 block of rooms has great views of sunset!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank blanchardbw
PFFSCOS, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Good morning from the beaches of Costa Rica – and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experiences about our resort with the Trip Advisor community. I am so glad to read you are rating us a 5 Star leader and you and 80 of your closest friends enjoyed Costa Rica, our staff and activities. We sincerely hope we are able to welcome you back again in the future and have you enjoy our summer season activities. Pura Vida to Iowa, Pascal F., General Manager

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a great trip here the last 2 weeks of March. The beaches are gorgeous as is the property. It was hot and most of the property is open air so if the heat is bothersome this may not be the property for you. Rooms spacious, air conditioned and lovely with beautiful screened porch. Beds small - our room could have easily accomodated 2 queens instead of 2 standards....

We have stayed at numerous 4 Seasons resorts. This property is expensive which we knew in advance but after buying 2 cans of sunscreen (we went through 1 a day with our family in the sun and had lost several which exploded in the suitcase on the travel in) and being charged 75$, we began to feel a bit "gouged". Also didn't like the added resort charge with the price of the rooms - would have felt better if they just upped the room fee.

Staff amazing and lovely, service great, and we truly enjoyed the cabanas. Spa amazing.

Beware of the zipping Golf Carts at night.

Food at the Italian Restaurant the best IMHO. We also enjoyed eating at the bar more casually.

Private tours were done through Freddy Montero and Manny at info@costaricaprivatetours.com. Well worth the price for our family.

Great trip. We miss the Monkeys and Iguanas. h

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shoprdoc

Greetings to Milwaukee and sending you plenty of sunshine up north. The weather is still gorgeous down here and we are looking forward to more brise and a few clouds soon. And thank you for the feedback on the cost of the sunscreen. I am sorry that you were not offered our complementary set of crèmes and lotions around pool and beaches; we will make sure they are more prominent and visible. Did you enjoy the hourly amenities served, always fun and refreshing in the heat? Thank you for being so loyal to Four Seasons and Pura Vida, Pascal F., General Manager.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in April 2013 with my best girl friend. The rooms were beyond amazing, we had a screened in outside patio that overlooked the ocean, we swam in the pool late at night, laid out and swam in the pristine ocean by day. The service was excellent (both room service, restaurant and on the beach). I also enjoyed the gym, sauna and plunge pools to get me going in the morning. There is a hike that you can take up some steps that run along the ocean. It was really fun and we ran into some monkeys swinging and wrestling (TIP: Wake up early and head to the beach for the best monkey watching). After we left the Four Seasons we went down to Tamarindo. I liked the balance of luxury/resort coupled with the "real Costa Rica" experience. It was great to go here and relax with my best girl friend but I think this place is ideal for families and couples. Enjoy this beautiful setting!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank cali_spots

A great place for friends – Costa Rica and our resort for sure. And it seems that you have been very active while with us, taking advantage of our morning hikes, bird watching walks and chilling at the pools and your private terrace. Glad that the many restaurant options we have were to your liking, I wonder which one was your favorite? Maybe the Caracol Steakhouse at the Golf Club or our Italian Di Mare? I hope you will tell me the next time you come and stay with us – Pura Vida until then. Pascal F., General Manager.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

WOW. I had just decided the all inclusives are not the way to go because the food is usually not that great and I just don't drink enough to make it worth while. So when we walked through the door of the Costa Rica Four Season and they walked us to our room which was huge AND gorgeous, I thought if the food is good, we really are done with all inclusive. The porch facing the ocean was awesome and one of the best features of the rooms. The pools were fairly quiet, the hot tub excellent and the beach was very nice. There is a trial to hike/walk run from one side of the peninsula to the other and that was very pretty. Friends said that the golfing was amazing, we did not go. But the service was excellent pool side and even when we went to the front desk and simply asked for someone to take us to see the monkey's. One of the workers hopped in a golf cart and took us to see "los monos" and then drove us up to see the private houses with SPECTACULAR views. This trip it was my husband and I, and we said to each other every day that we should bring the kids back as they would love it. The food was very good at the Italian place and the seafood place. We could do with out the Brazilian Steak house, which was not very good. Breakfast was good, the coffee was great and my only regret was that we did not stop at the duty free liquor store on the way thru the airport. Everything was more expensive than I expected, so having some snacks and beer/liquor in the room would have been nice. We were only there for 5 days and our one excursion to the National Park was top notch! We do two vacations a year and this was a third, and truly was the best. You should GO as quickly as possible and stay as long as you can.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the first floor as you can see the Monkey's more frequently, but know that it will probably be noisier.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KABMChicago
PFFSCOS, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear guest,
What a great review - thank you for taking the time to share it with all of us. And please come back quickly, plenty of "monos" and friends around. And the nature changes, once the green season starts. And for your kids, we start our Summer Camp Papagayo shortly, they would have an amazing time and learn something at the same time. Sounds like a well deserved, fourth trip for this year! Pura Vida, Pascal F., General Manager

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We just recently returned from an outstanding trip to the Four Seasons Resort in Costa Rica. There we enjoyed beautiful accommodations, delicious food, clean beaches and outstanding and friendly service. My favorite part was the exquisite Spa on property. I would highly reccommend Julieth who performed my manicure and pedicure. She was gentle, friendly and definitely skilled in her abilities. My nails are still beautiful today,1 week later! I would absolutly request her for any of the therapies offered there. Thank you Julieth!!!! Overall, the trip was magnificent!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda S
PFFSCOS, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Linda, thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your spa service that much. We have shared your feedback with Julieth and her colleagues in Spa – this is the feedback that makes them proud of being part of Four Seasons. We are lucky to have such a great team! Next time try the freshly cut bamboo massage – out of this World. Pura Vida, Pascal F. General Manager.