Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Gulf of Papagayo
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Perfection.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is the ultimate in vacationing. The views, the beaches, the staff, the food, the furniture, the cleanliness, etc. were all stellar. We did not want to leave. You will spend lots of money for this but you have to stay here at least once.

Room Tip: We were on the top floor of Playa Blanca 2. Stay there. Rooms look out to beach/ocean, not the pool...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MolchmamaGA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Top notch resort in every way; from gracious staff to accommodations! You want for NOTHING! I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel!!! Yes, it is a bit pricey, but seemed worth it! I received a massage from the spa and it was probably the best massage I have ever had. The pool staff goes above and beyond! All the staff were friendly and hospitable! The entire facility was well maintained and exceptionally clean. We have never been to Costa Rica, but would return there if we chose to come back.

Room Tip: Our room was perfect! I don't think they have bad rooms to my knowledge!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

This place was great but very expensive. We like nice places and good food and we could have had almost 3 vacations in Mexico for what the 8 nights here cost. We are glad we went but probably won’t go back because of the price. The other thing is that I think because of the price its mainly older people that just want to do nothing. We like a little action and music by the pool. You are not going to get that here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaciJo
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here for five nights and were very pleased with our stay. Food, service, rooms are very good. The only downside is the size of the property there is a lot of other guests so it's not very secluded.

4 Thank Claes71
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had an amazing time. Everything was absolutely exquisite. If you want to make your trip even more special and step out of the Four Season's "bubble" ask at their front desk for their community programs. We got to meet a family at their home about 30 min from the hotel and bought groceries and school supplies for them. It was an important reality check for all of us, but particularly my 9 and 11 year old kids.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Erika P
Smithtown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed at the Four Season on Peninsula Papagayo February 14-21, 2013 (President's Day). We are a family of four (children are 7 and 8). We travelled with other six family members. The vacation was a perfect 10. The location if fabulous. The Pacific Ocean is on one side of the pool area and the bay is on the other. The hotel provides kayaks, paddle boards and paddle boats all free of charge to use as you please. They are always available and a staff member is always there to assist. We were told the hotel was sold out that week but you would never know it. In keeping with the school calendar we always travel to a resort area during President's week. All other hotels are over crowded, over run and lack a sufficient number of beach huts and pool chairs during that week. Not the Four Seasons. There are more than enough pool and beach chairs. Every seat is a good seat and you can even come down to the beach/pool at noon and get a spot. The guest rooms are large with great outdoor patio space. They even have a free washer and dryer (they supply the laundry detergent) on each floor. The staff is super friendly, gracious and really go above and beyond. Special thanks to Alonzo for keeping the kids entertained by playing basketball in the pool and coordinating a soccer game on the beach. He knew each child's name and they enjoyed all the sports. Additionally, I must express my sincere gratitude to Luis Camareno, the security team and the housekeeping staff. Two hours into the flight home I realized I left my diamond earrings in a glass cup in the bathroom of my hotel room. I was distraught assuming I would ever see the earrings again. After a five hour flight, we finally landed and in a panic I called the hotel. Luis and his team located the earrings, immediately emailed me a photo of the earrings to confirm they were found and express mailed them back to me. I am truly grateful! Finally, I highly recommend Tours Your Way with Ray as your guide. We went horse back riding, zip lining, rock climbing, white water tubing, hiked to a waterfall, and soaked in hot springs after painting ourselves with volcanic mud (all in the same day). It was a great adventure and my children loved it. My children are on the young side but they were happy to keep up with their older cousins. Not recommended for younger children. I brought my son's bike helmet because he has a small head. Although the tour's helmets are adjustable, I was glad we had our own. I highly recommend the Four Seasons as a family beach vacation with adventure excursions. Costa Rica is a beautiful country, full of welcoming people!

6 Thank Jennifer F
Carolina F, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Jennifer,
Thank you for taking the time to review in such detail your stay with us - it seems you had a wonderful time. So happy to know that we found your earrings and got them back to you. Luis and our Security Team were so excited and glad that they were able to do it all in such short time – Pura Vida! I hope we are able to welcoming you back in the near future. Best Regards, Pascal F.
Plainview, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was the best family vacation ever! We traveled as a family of 4 (10 year old and 8 year old)...
The service at the FS was impeccable! This hotel did not miss a beat! We were traveling with my son who has severe nut allergies and the hotel was so attentive. Pretty much every staff member knew of the allergy and if needed, the restaurants created special desserts just for him! Talk about making my son feel so special. This is the place to be if you have any allergies or restrictions.
Alonzo was terrific and the kids loved the beach soccer, water polo, movie nights and all the activities that were organized. All excursions booked thru the FS were fantastic and were executed perfectly. We loved ziplinging at Witch's Rock and the catamaran. My family had the most relaxing and enjoyable vacation. Our room was incredible and we loved the outdoor space. The staff at the pool was excellent and between the complimentary snacks, popcorn, appetizers - it was unbeatable!

2 Thank Heather S
Dear Heather,
I am glad to read that you want to come back, but most of all, that your son felt so well taken care off. My kitchen and restaurant teams are ready to cater to any needs, wants and requests – and are very well aware of food allergies. And with so many activities and fun around pool and beaches, everybody needs to eat and keep the energy level going.
I hope we have the opportunity to have you back in paradise so you and your family can experience some more of all that Four Seasons Costa Rica has to offer.
Pura Vida, Pascal F.
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
#1 of 1 in Playa Matapalo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 6,023 reviews

Been to Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo? Share your experiences!